-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

Nice job!

Here you can post a testimonial about why you like or love MEPIS. Include as much detail and info as you wish.
rootetsy
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

Nice job!

#1 Post by rootetsy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:09 pm

Hi All,

I just switched my main computer over to MX 2 weeks ago and I thought I would let you know how much I enjoy it.

A little knowledge about me. This is my work computer and I use at least 50 hours per week. Before MX I was on Mint 18.3. I had been with Mint since around 17.1 I think. And I've been using only Linux for my desktop for at least 12 years now. Mostly Debian based distros.

Now that I've had a little bit of use with MX I can say that it's exactly what I'm looking for. I think I've found my new home for a while.

I love that it's based on Debain stable. You've done a great job with the default settings for everything all the way down to the bash prompt which is rare. I also really like the MX Package Installer. Makes it really easy to manage backports and just install things in general.

Also, I really like how all of your tools show the terminal output. That makes it really easy to debug when something goes wrong. The only issue I had at all during the install was with the Nvidia driver. It wouldn't install because of a conflict I had in backports. But since it showed me exactly what it was trying to do and what the problem was, I had it fixed in no time.

Not to mention that the people in the forum here seem very nice. This is my first post but I've been lurking for a couple of months now. :)

MX is rock solid, ultra fast, and everything just works! Really nicely done and well thought out.

Thanks!

Gordon Cooper
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

Re: Nice job!

#2 Post by Gordon Cooper » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:51 pm

HI rootetsy. Welcome to MX. Glad you enjoy it. I do too.

Gordon.
Homebrew64 bit Intel duo core 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Kingston SSD, Seagate1TB.
Primary OS : MX-17.1 64bit. Also MX17, Kubuntu14.04 & Puppy 6.3.
Dell9010, MX-17.1, Win7

uncle mark
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#3 Post by uncle mark » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:08 pm

rootetsy wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:09 pm
Not to mention that the people in the forum here seem very nice. This is my first post but I've been lurking for a couple of months now. :)
It used to be a lot less nice, but I don't post nearly as much as I used to.
Desktop: Custom build Asus/AMD/nVidia -- MEPIS 11
Laptop: Acer Aspire 5250 -- MX-15
Assorted junk: assorted Linuxes

Mauser
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

#4 Post by Mauser » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:17 pm

rootetsy
Welcome to the forum and MX Linux. MX Linux is nice and the forum is nice because of the forum rules and the moderators are very efficient keeping the forum nice. I know from personal experience since I have been guilty in the past. :hitmyhead: They do run this forum right. :happy: Enjoy.

Return to “Testimonials”