-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

MX-14/Mepis-12 Community Repository: The galileo thread

For Community Repository Package Requests and Status for MX-14
mmikeinsantarosa
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

MX-14/Mepis-12 Community Repository: The galileo thread

#1 Post by mmikeinsantarosa » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:59 pm

Anybody have a fitbit?
galileo-0.5 is now in the test repo ready for yes, testing.

galileo allows linux users to sync/upload their fitbit device data to the fitbit web server.

There are 2 parts to this though, your fitbit has to be paired with an account at the fitbit site first, using their software and then galileo will handle any further updates to your data profile. Pairing to date, as far as I can tell can only be done on a windows or Mac PC or a smart phone. I used a win7 PC in my home that's really a print server. I went to fitbit, created a free account, downloaded and installed their connect software for my Flex tracker. Executed the guided sync process and then uninstalled the connect software.

Then I installed galileo on my mepis-12 64 bit desktop without the dongle installed and ran galileo

Code: Select all

mandbx@mepis14-64:~$ galileo
2015-09-06 18:59:51,888:ERROR: No dongle connected, aborting
Plugged in the dongle and ran galileo once more with

mandbx@mepis14-64:~$ galileo
Tracker: E91561914BCA: Synchronisation successful
Then went to the fitbit site and logged in and went to my dashboard page and wah-lah, I got data!

I also installed it on an mx14-4 laptop and got the tracker to update there as well.

You can also add an item to cron so you don;t have to execute it. I did the following:
crontab -e
Append the following to your crontab: */15 * * * * /usr/bin/galileo
My tracker syncs every 15 minutes just being near the PC.

This is also available in MX-15. It is not available for m11.

Let us know if you get a chance to try it out.

<thanks to Benoit Allard for the source & Chris Wayne for initial packaging>

-mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LT: MX17.1 Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6820HQ Kernel: 4.16.0-12.1-liquorix-amd64 (64 bit)
DT: Intel(R) Core i5-3.1GHz Kernel~3.9-1-mepis64 x86_64

mmikeinsantarosa
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

Re: MX-14/Mepis-12 Community Repository: The galileo thread

#2 Post by mmikeinsantarosa » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:41 pm

Our fitbit tracker/updater package has been fixed and I added an Icon to show up in menu. After installing and a logout/login and plugging you dongle into a usb port, run

galileo --force
as a regular user and you should get text echoed back indicating success. Once you know that works, in the future, you can just click the icon in the menu to update. This new action doesn't provide any feedback for success or fail though but I haven't had fail yet.
At some point we will produce an mx version with a gui and feedback for the user.

This new release should show up as galileo_0.5-1mcr120+3 in the test repo.

mike
LT: MX17.1 Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6820HQ Kernel: 4.16.0-12.1-liquorix-amd64 (64 bit)
DT: Intel(R) Core i5-3.1GHz Kernel~3.9-1-mepis64 x86_64

Return to “Package Requests/Status - MX-14”