-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

Brother Printer Wireless laser Printer - (HL2280DW)

Questions about printers and scanners, hardware-related and/or software-related can be asked here, as well as posting of tutorials.
namida12
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

Brother Printer Wireless laser Printer - (HL2280DW)

#1 Post by namida12 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:55 pm

Is anyone using the (HL2280DW), or the (HL2270DW) as a wireless (cloud) printer with MX-14.2?

I currently have a very clean HP Laserjet 2300 with an extra cartridge that I must roll about to get it close enough to the system for a USB2 connection in order to print. Often I will go without printing a document, postcard, business cards or photo, because of the movement requirement to connect the printer.

A cloud printer I believe would provide far more access, in its stored location when I needed to print. Being able to scan with a wireless connection also has great appeal, if it would work without much hassle.

Just wondering if someone has successfully used either of these two brother printers on a wireless connection.

JR

PhilH
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

Re: Brother Printer Wireless laser Printer - (HL2280DW)

#2 Post by PhilH » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:09 pm

Yes. I use a HL2280DW wirelessly with my laptop. Much easier from my easy chair while watching Monday Night Football.

I downloaded the .deb files from Brother website, right-clicked and did the "Open with "GDEBI package installer", rather than command line install. Generally followed their directions for loading drivers and setting up printing. Used the URL for accessing CUPS (http://localhost:631/printers) to add printer as administrator.

Piece of cake (If I can do it, anyone can),
Phil (in NC & NY)
Distro: MX-17_x64 Horizon December 15, 2017,
Laptop:HP2016 Kernel: 4.13.0-1-amd64 x86_64
Desktop: Asus2014 Kernel: 4.13.0-1-amd64 x86_64, AMD A10-6700
Play/Netbook: MX-Workbench Kernel: 4.15.0-1-amd64 x86_64

Return to “Print/Scan”