screen setting

Help for Current Versions of MX
When asking for help, use Quick System Info from MX Tools. It will be properly formatted using the following steps.
1. Click on Quick System Info in MX Tools
2. Right click in your post and paste.
Ralf1e

screen setting

#1 Post by Ralf1e »

I am running MX21 v3
Can anyone recommend what screen settings are advisable to help reduce the possible long term damage to eyes from cataracts etc
I have 4 scales to adjust Gamma,
Red Green and Blue
I seem to recall it is the blue that is to be reduced.
If that is correct then how much should I take it down to?
At present they are all about equal at about level 6 or a third of the scale

linexer2016

Re: screen setting

#2 Post by linexer2016 »

Hi,
There is a preponderance of threads in the forum (just do a search) on the subject of SCT (System Color Temperature) and recommended settings. I won't post those thread links because it should be something you will find easy enough to discover. Search terms SCT and color temperature etc should do the trick. I use sct 3500 at night time to tone down the temps and even during the day from the usual default of (I think) 5600, I bring that down to 4000. You can try sct by going to the MXPI and installing that handy little utility and then simply at the command line typing sct 3500 and you will see instantly the effect. Of course 3500 might be a little too aggresive for you to begin with so you can type any value of choice. Huckleberry recently posted some interesting keyboard shortcuts to facilitate the usage of sct.

Ralf1e

#3 Post by Ralf1e »

Thank you I will do another search. I did not know what to search for earlier so just tried screen settings

linexer2016

#4 Post by linexer2016 »

linexer2016

#6 Post by linexer2016 »

Well done Huck. I'm happy to point other forum users in the right direction regarding colour temps and in particular SCT. I'm sure the OP will appreciate these extra links.

Return to “MX Help”