XFCE4 screensaver activating on videos  [Solved]

Report Bugs, Issues and non- package Requests
Huckleberry Finn

Re: XFCE4 screensaver activating on videos

#11 Post by Huckleberry Finn »

As always: inxi -F or inxi ... is not "Quick System Info". (We are not just looking at hardware specs.)

Also have you tried any of Dolphin's suggestions above? Disabled "Display Power Managemet" in Power Manager - Display tab (for both sub-tabs: "On Battery" and "Plugged In") ? ... or enabled "presentation mode" ? (Right-click on Power Manager icon on panel)

manyroads

#12 Post by manyroads »

Caffeine works... there's no cost.
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

SkriptKiddie69

#13 Post by SkriptKiddie69 »

Huckleberry Finn wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:55 am As always: inxi -F or inxi ... is not "Quick System Info". (We are not just looking at hardware specs.)

Also have you tried any of Dolphin's suggestions above? Disabled "Display Power Managemet" in Power Manager - Display tab (for both sub-tabs: "On Battery" and "Plugged In") ? ... or enabled "presentation mode" ? (Right-click on Power Manager icon on panel)
omg thank you
so I saw that my "presentation mode" was unchecked. Simply checking this solved the problem I've been delaying for about a year :bawling:
It just didn't make any logical sense how my old MX on my PC would not screen blank, but the newer one (the one I'm having a problem with) has. I've tried getting caffeine to work, looking at hardware settings, power settings, so I guess I was overdoing it. I even replaced my RAM thinking it was the issue.

I guess it really is "presentation mode" to be checked. No need to install caffeine. I've messed with power management too long thinking it was my hardware or the newest MX update? (perhaps it unchecked presentation mode or it was me who did it by accident).

Any idea why the "presentation mode" option is only visible on the battery icon and not the "Display Power Management" settings? It took me about 5 minutes of clicking everything to find it. Almost had to open terminal.

Thank you so much guys!!! :eek:

Huckleberry Finn

#14 Post by Huckleberry Finn »

SkriptKiddie69 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:03 pm... messed with power management too long thinking it was my hardware or the newest MX update? (perhaps it unchecked presentation mode or it was me who did it by accident).

Any idea why the "presentation mode" option is only visible on the battery icon and not the "Display Power Management" settings?..
You did nothing wrong, it's unchecked by default. And it's one of the weirdest things (many people ask/wonder) why they don't put a checkbox for that also in Power Manager settings. So, someone must tell it to Xfce devs :)

Return to “Bugs and Non-Package Requests Forum”