Openbox tiling & other tweaks

Here you can exchange scripts that you created or have permission to share with other users.
manyroads

Openbox tiling & other tweaks

#1 Post by manyroads »

For those who are interested in some of my Openbox tweaks (on PEP11 & MX Linux 21) here's a link to a brief tutorial:

https://eirenicon.org/openbox-simple-ti ... er-tweaks/
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

AVLinux

Re: Openbox tiling & other tweaks

#2 Post by AVLinux »

manyroads wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:27 pm For those who are interested in some of my Openbox tweaks (on PEP11 & MX Linux 21) here's a link to a brief tutorial:

https://eirenicon.org/openbox-simple-ti ... er-tweaks/
Very nice tips! Thanks as always for sharing!

manyroads

#3 Post by manyroads »

@AVLinux You are welcome. I'll be releasing a number of tutorials on Openbox, dwm, i3. The bulk will start appearing after PeppermintOS releases its Devuan base (I'm not certain when that will happen.) Right now I'm running PeppermintOS11-systemd & MX Linux 21 SysVwith all three window managers and have stripped out xfce4. Kind of fun...
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

AVLinux

#4 Post by AVLinux »

manyroads wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:06 pm @AVLinux You are welcome. I'll be releasing a number of tutorials on Openbox, dwm, i3. The bulk will start appearing after PeppermintOS releases its Devuan base (I'm not certain when that will happen.) Right now I'm running PeppermintOS11-systemd & MX Linux 21 SysVwith all three window managers and have stripped out xfce4. Kind of fun...
Nice! Will keep an eye out!

I'm not as daring (or educated) as you are with the extras but my current daily driver is XFCE4 w/Openbox and zzzFM instead of Thunar and I can vouch for stripped out XFCE4 scratching a lot of itches while saving resources..

Return to “Scripts”