sn - Simple Notes

Here you can exchange scripts that you created or have permission to share with other users.
gimcrack

sn - Simple Notes

#1 Post by gimcrack »

I been trying to fine a simple note application that just works and out of the way, without skipping a beat. Like returning to my work after making a simple note, without losing my spot in the terminal.

I couldn't find that sweet spot I was looking for. So got my hands dirty and created one myself. And it does work the way I want it to work. Easy to modified to add other notes and using separated categories if needed. The cool part I have it using fzf where you can preview and also search for your notes real easy. Even can use your favorite text editor. I have the script using micro, but easy to change to your favorite text editor. I just simply call it sn and I alias it so typing sn I'm go to my notes. I put the script on a github account. My first script and hopefully I have more down the road. All you need is fzf the script and add the sn alias explained on the github site. So here is the URL to that sn script. Hope you like it and able to use it.

https://github.com/linuxllc/sn

Return to “Scripts”