VLC skins plugin

Report Bugs, Issues and non- package Requests
colin_b

VLC skins plugin

#1 Post by colin_b »

I have just downloaded vlc-plugin-skins2 from the stable repo using MXPI. I then opened VLC preferences and on the interface settings selected "use custom skin". The problem is it is now asking me where the skins are located, and I haven't got a clue. I can see this happening to a lot of people, so would it be possible for the location of the skins to be set in VLC when plugins are installed via MXPI?

JmaCWQ

Re: VLC skins plugin

#2 Post by JmaCWQ »

~/.local/share/vlc is where I find the skins2 folder, installed via Synaptic I think.

colin_b

#3 Post by colin_b »

JmaCWQ wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:06 am ~/.local/share/vlc is where I find the skins2 folder, installed via Synaptic I think.
A belated thanks for the info.

I couldn't get VLC to choose the skin because the select file window that appeared didn't show hidden files.

Anyway, I'm not concerned about it as I'm happy with the default skin.

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

#4 Post by JayM »

colin_b wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:05 pm
JmaCWQ wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:06 am ~/.local/share/vlc is where I find the skins2 folder, installed via Synaptic I think.

I couldn't get VLC to choose the skin because the select file window that appeared didn't show hidden files.

You need to navigate to your skins directory in Thunar, right-click on your chosen skin and copy, then right-click in the skin field in VLC and paste instead of using VLC's file browser.
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

JmaCWQ

#5 Post by JmaCWQ »

colin_b wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:05 pm

You be welcome.
If you right-click in the select file window you should get the option to show hidden files :cool:

colin_b

#6 Post by colin_b »

JmaCWQ wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:21 am If you right-click in the select file window you should get the option to show hidden files :cool:
That did the trick - skins tried.

:number1:

It would be useful if the location of the VLC skins was set when they are downloaded by MXPI.

Return to “Bugs and Non-Package Requests Forum”