Wildlife wallpapers

Any background image or other artwork submissions must include copyright information and explicit permission of the image's original creator to use the image. This includes a direct post of the image or links to a compiled image archive. Any background image or other artwork submissions must include copyright information and explicit permission of the image's original creator to use the image. This includes a direct post of the image or links to a compiled image archive.
ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

Re: Wildlife wallpapers

#111 Post by ChrisUK »

peregrine wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:47 am @ChrisUK I do not see the Ducks in post #107 in what has come in.
Oops... I uploaded the wrong pic, could you delete it please. I'll upload the correct one in a minute.

Thanks
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#112 Post by ChrisUK »

It's OK, the Mallard was going to be uploaded anyway, so no need to delete
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#113 Post by ChrisUK »

First pic are Swan Cygnets... as we all know "The Ugly Duckling" became a Swan - these "Ugly Ducklings" will become Swans too (Nature and luck permitting) ;)

Second pic is another Gosling (Canada Goose)

Both are just small res versions for this thread - high res versions will be uploaded to the relevant wallpaper section later.

(Not much feedback on the textured Ducks I asked opinions of, so I won't do more of those ;) )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

asqwerth
Developer

#114 Post by asqwerth »

ChrisUK wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:07 am First pic are Swan Cygnets... as we all know "The Ugly Duckling" became a Swan - these "Ugly Ducklings" will become Swans too (Nature and luck permitting) ;)

Second pic is another Gosling (Canada Goose)

Both are just small res versions for this thread - high res versions will be uploaded to the relevant wallpaper section later.

(Not much feedback on the textured Ducks I asked opinions of, so I won't do more of those ;) )
Really like the first pic - the baby swans are adorable.

Earlier textured pic - I'm not sure whether I like it or not, but that may not be due to the textured look per se. I think it's also the picture in question, with the ducks and ducklings being pretty far away.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#115 Post by ChrisUK »

asqwerth wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:28 am [...]

Earlier textured pic - I'm not sure whether I like it or not, but that may not be due to the textured look per se. I think it's also the picture in question, with the ducks and ducklings being pretty far away.
Oddly enough, what you dislike about the image is what made me take the picture in the first place ;)

Just a personal opinion:

It's always a temptation to get as close as you can to your subject and "fill the frame" with a close-up. But you end up with highly detailed images that you could have taken in your living room. You also end up spooking more than you photograph. I try to let my subjects get close to me, which requires lots of patience and luck to get most close-ups. Also, I try to take pictures that show the subject and the environment that they inhabit, which often means shots like the Female Mallard followed by her Ducklings. And TBH, sometimes what you want a picture of is swimming along on the other side of the lake.

Although I also take shots of behaviour or poses that interest me. But we all like different things, which is fine, as it would be boring if we didn't ;)
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

Jerry3904
Administrator

#116 Post by Jerry3904 »

I also like the shot as it is, where the light and water are the subject, almost in a pointillist way.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#117 Post by ChrisUK »

Peregrine,

I've uploaded the high res non-textured version, but I still think it's too noisy... please delete it if you agree... thanks.

Small res version below:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

jackdanielsesq

#118 Post by jackdanielsesq »

Beauteous - reminds me of the ducks in my harbor in MDR, CA
Keep up the good work
Jack

AK-47
Developer

#119 Post by AK-47 »

Nice. From a distance it looks like a crocodile that got punished for eating the local dentist.

asqwerth
Developer

#120 Post by asqwerth »

AK-47 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:01 am Nice. From a distance it looks like a crocodile that got punished for eating the local dentist.
LOL!
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

Return to “User contributed Wallpaper”