Knowledgebase

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
manyroads

Re: Knowledgebase

#21 Post by manyroads »

srq2625 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:02 am @manyroads - I took a quick tour of your knowledgebase site and was impressed with the quality of the content. I do, however, see a potential problem; what I see of your current organization would not seem to be able to scale up to a decently large number of articles. Maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture, but how do you plan to handle things when you have, for example, hundreds of articles in a given category?
The knowledge base is really my personal thing. I'm not doing this for anyone but me and my readers. :lipsrsealed:

However, if you want to see my real work (again solo)... here's my 100+GB Genealogy site: http://many-roads.com It is also simply a knowledgebase. :bagoverhead:
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

manyroads

#22 Post by manyroads »

Kulmbacher wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:26 am [...]
What i don`t like ;-)
fonts.googleapis.com and scripts
[...]
Those fonts are embedded in the theme. I do not write my themes. The one you see is penscratch-2 from the people at wordpress. Sadly there are so many variants and uses of standards in the browser world, I find it impossible to please everyone, I just can't. :rolleyes:
Pax vobiscum,
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

manyroads

#23 Post by manyroads »

Announcement: Hello all. I had to drop the plugin I was using for my KB due to the fact that it is no longer supported (effective Dec 2018). :sad: I also discovered that the KB plugin does not allow the standard Wordpress Search function to access the KB pages. :rolleyes: As a result...

I rewrote everything and am now just using simple Wordpress pages with two plugins for Document sorting and presentation. The new records are fully accessible via the standard Site Search. :crossfingers:

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Here's the (revised-rewritten) KB : http://eirenicon.org/knowledge-base/
Pax vobiscum,

dreamer

#24 Post by dreamer »

manyroads wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:00 am Here's the (revised-rewritten) KB : http://eirenicon.org/knowledge-base/
Looks nice! :puppy:

rasat

#25 Post by rasat »

Nice that you change the list format to tab, more visible and easier to navigate.

manyroads

#26 Post by manyroads »

Thank you @dreamer @rasat. I'm still working at getting additional bits of my knowledge database online & available.
Pax vobiscum,

asqwerth
Developer

#27 Post by asqwerth »

I like the new layout!
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

manyroads

#28 Post by manyroads »

asqwerth wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:54 am I like the new layout!
+1 Thank you.
Pax vobiscum,

Return to “General”