MX 17/18 Repository: The Pale Moon Browser Thread

BillZM

Re: MX 17 Repository: The Pale Moon Browser Thread

#121 Post by BillZM »

Stevo wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:46 pm Update: fixed MX 15 packages are on the way to the repo.
That's it! Updated and ran perfectly. Thanks!

nathan2423

#122 Post by nathan2423 »

Palemoon is my primary browser and I love it. However I see that the latest update has done something to break compatibility with my Nextcloud installation (particularly the TASK app). Everything else in Palemoon and Nextcloud work fine for me in Palemoon, but for some reason after the update the Task app now gives me a totally blank white screen in the browser. I have no clue what the problem is as I am not getting any kind of error message. The same task app works fine in every other browser, but on every one of my Palemoon updated installs i am getting the same white screen ( Nextcloud blue bar at top of screen looks fine, but nothing but white beneath it).

Is there a place where I can download the prior deb package (28.4.1, if I am correct) and use that for the time being until perhaps new updates of Palemoon fix my problem?

Thanks very much.

Edit: FWIW -- the Nextcloud task app developer responded: https://github.com/nextcloud/tasks/issu ... -491523216

@nathan2423 I had a look now and downloaded Pale Moon Portable for Windows. With https://github.com/nextcloud/tasks/tree/compatibility the app seems to work normally on the first sight. But basically none of the click actions (like starring or completing a task etc.) works. This seems to be because the event bubbling of Pale Moon is really weird. It basically does not bubble upwards, so the click handlers are never called.

I guess it would be possible to fix this by moving the click handlers to the innermost element, but this would be quite some effort.

However, we can merge https://github.com/nextcloud/tasks/tree/compatibility anyway, because it does not change the behaviour for other browsers and bundle size stays the same.

Edit2: From NC Tasks developer: Well without the change in #401 I also only get a white screen with Pale Moon on windows.

dreamer

#123 Post by dreamer »

Version 28.5.2 has been released by Pale Moon team.

Stevo
Developer

#124 Post by Stevo »

Thanks, grabbing the source now.

Stevo
Developer

#125 Post by Stevo »

Uploaded for the main repo, but can be downloaded early here for MX 15 through 18: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JfRQH ... RRuS27O2gi

dreamer

#126 Post by dreamer »

Stevo wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:57 pm Uploaded for the main repo, but can be downloaded early here for MX 15 through 18: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JfRQH ... RRuS27O2gi
Thanks Stevo.

Stevo
Developer

#127 Post by Stevo »

Pale Moon 2.5.2 is now in the main MX 17 repo. It's a security and bugfix update.

Gordon Cooper

#128 Post by Gordon Cooper »

2,5,2 installed and working, no problems. Thanks Stevo.
Backup: Dell9010, MX-19_B2, Win7, 120 SSD, WD 232GIB HD, 4GB RAM
Primary :Homebrew64 bit Intel duo core 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Kingston SSD, Seagate1TB.
MX-18.2 64bit. Also MX17, Kubuntu14.04 & Puppy 6.3.

Stevo
Developer

#129 Post by Stevo »

I've found out that the 32-bit version requires the MX versions of fonconfig and libglib2.0-0, which is fine for MX users, but not so good for antiX and vanilla Stretch users that hooked onto our repo, so I deleted and regenerated the 32-bit sbuild environment that was to blame--I think it got the MX 17 versions "stuck" in it when I had to shut it down with MX 17 attached to it. It takes just a couple minutes to delete and create a fresh new stretch-i386 environment, so I didn't bother logging into the schroot and cleaning it out manually.

There will be a mx17+2 build shortly for 32-bit.

dreamer

#130 Post by dreamer »

Shortly after 28.6 there is now a new release...
v28.6.0.1 (2019-07-04)
This is an out-of-band update to fix some pressing issues with the latest release.

Changes/fixes:

Updated the application icon to provide better visuals on Windows classic and other grey backgrounds.
Reduced the Master Password hashing rounds to prevent issues with stored password retrieval while still sufficiently strengthening the encryption.
If you have previously re-keyed the database after the update to 28.6.0, you should do so again by going through the change master password process to reduce access times.
Updated the WhatsApp Web site-specific user-agent override to respond to Google refusing access based on the old string.
Updated the branding for the portable launcher.
Not sure if the Pale Moon devs still deserve the support from other people building and distributing their browser. I keep using Pale Moon because I think it's the best browser and probably one of the cleanest browsers in terms of telemetry/spyware. I could use Trava90's build, but I got used to getting it from here.

Return to “Package Requests/Status - MX 17/18”