Thank you MX Linux

Here you can post a testimonial about why you like or love MX. Include as much detail and info as you wish.
JeffA

Re: Thank you MX Linux

#21 Post by JeffA »

Stevo wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:11 pm What about MX Linux mystical energy focusing pyramid hats?

The way the BS woo peddlers are raking in the bucks, how can it fail?
COOL!!!

But I need a solid color pyramid, not a clear one, to hide the MS Windows logo I have tattooed on my forehead.

(I originally wanted to get the "Intel Inside!" logo tattooed on my forehead, but the tattoo artist was afraid we'd both be charged with false advertising.)

:lol:

BitJam
Developer

#22 Post by BitJam »

Years ago I removed the "Designed from Microsoft Windows XP" sticker from my laptop. I attached it to my kitchen waste bin.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself -- and you are the easiest person to fool."

-- Richard Feynman

WarhawkCZ

#23 Post by WarhawkCZ »

BitJam wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:21 pm Years ago I removed the "Designed from Microsoft Windows XP" sticker from my laptop. I attached it to my kitchen waste bin.
lol :happy:
I use Google before asking dumb questions but I am new to Linux. Thank you for your patience :-)

jackdanielsesq

#24 Post by jackdanielsesq »

Ever gracious ... the throne would be more apropos :number1:
BitJam wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:21 pm Years ago I removed the "Designed from Microsoft Windows XP" sticker from my laptop. I attached it to my kitchen waste bin.

obaino

#25 Post by obaino »

D800 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:27 am ...I have experienced only one (very minor) hiccup.
After an update, I lost functionality to my number pad on the right side of my keyboard.
I looked up the problem online and was able to change back some settings that were altered
I also have the same problem on the most recent installation of MX18. Number pad on my keyboard is not working nor does the numlock key when pressed.
How did you fix this? I haven't found any help online so far...

Thank you.

j2mcgreg
Global Moderator

#26 Post by j2mcgreg »

obaino wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:36 am
D800 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:27 am ...I have experienced only one (very minor) hiccup.
After an update, I lost functionality to my number pad on the right side of my keyboard.
I looked up the problem online and was able to change back some settings that were altered
I also have the same problem on the most recent installation of MX18. Number pad on my keyboard is not working nor does the numlock key when pressed.
How did you fix this? I haven't found any help online so far...

Thank you.
You are more likely to get a quick and helpful response if you start a new thread in the Hardware section of the forum. And as part of the new thread, would you please post your system specs.
HP 15; ryzen 3 5300U APU; 500 Gb SSD; 8GB ram
Aspire V5-571; CPU Intel I3; 500 GB SSD; Intel 2nd Gen Graphics; 8 GB Ram
Aspire XC-866; i3-9100; UHD 630; 8 GB ram; 1TB HDD

In Linux, newer isn't always better. The best solution is the one that works.

D800

#27 Post by D800 »

I did some distro-hopping (not that I ever left MX Linux as I always have at least one machine in the house with this OS).
Anyway, I was uninspired and mostly disappointed with the other distros I tinkered with.
It was my reassurance that MX Linux is my mainstay.
In fact MX Linux was the deciding factor form me to leave the windblowz farm for good.

Return to “Testimonials”