MX-18 Screenshots

Show us how you are setting up MX
beardedragon

Re: MX-18 Screenshots

#221 Post by beardedragon »

asqwerth wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:18 am
beardedragon wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:09 am
...To be honest I scan several sites daily.... looking for the ideal wallpaper. My collection ... I sort the most beautiful and put them in a folder ... It changes on my screen every minute....
Yes! It's not just me!

My wallpaper changes every 7 min, so I found someone "worse" than me! :p :number1:
asqwerth wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:18 am
...To be honest I scan several sites daily.... looking for the ideal wallpaper. My collection ... I sort the most beautiful and put them in a folder ... It changes on my screen every minute....
Yes! It's not just me!

My wallpaper changes every 7 min, so I found someone "worse" than me! :p :number1:
It never gets boring. LOL
Rule #1 Backup Everything
Rule #2 Read Rule #1

scottr954

#222 Post by scottr954 »

scottr954 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:14 pm
beardedragon wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:44 am

Look at this: https://bememcasa.com/7-beneficios-fant ... sua-saude/
THAT is amazing!!! Whomever created that has some talent! I'll never look at another photo of a woman's face again! Who did you ever find the original photo?
To be honest I scan several sites daily. I keep track of where I was last on a site and go there to further find other photos, looking for the ideal wallpaper. My collection goes beyond my imagination sometimes. I sort the most beautiful and put them in a folder I named the daily wallpaper. It changes on my screen every minute. I am retired for the last 24 years with nothing else to do but watch forums and and the beauty people make. A perfect example I came across the other day:
https://www.google.com/search?q=bridge- ... 5IcpvSatUM:
That's so incredible, I'm seriously impressed! Thank you very much for sharing that with to me, I think that's so cool!! :)

beardedragon

#223 Post by beardedragon »

scottr954 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:14 pm
scottr954 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:14 pm

THAT is amazing!!! Whomever created that has some talent! I'll never look at another photo of a woman's face again! Who did you ever find the original photo?
To be honest I scan several sites daily. I keep track of where I was last on a site and go there to further find other photos, looking for the ideal wallpaper. My collection goes beyond my imagination sometimes. I sort the most beautiful and put them in a folder I named the daily wallpaper. It changes on my screen every minute. I am retired for the last 24 years with nothing else to do but watch forums and and the beauty people make. A perfect example I came across the other day:
That's so incredible, I'm seriously impressed! Thank you very much for sharing that with to me, I think that's so cool!! :)
You are welcome, happy to pass things of beauty on.
Rule #2 Read Rule #1

scottr954

#224 Post by scottr954 »

beardedragon wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:01 pm

indeed! Please don't hesitate if you want to share something else, I really enjoyed that!

scottr954

#225 Post by scottr954 »

beardedragon wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:01 pm

Have you used 'Elements' in Compiz before? If not you can combine one of those with a corresponding bg image for a more realistic (live?) desktop. For example have leaves falling on an Autumn bg scene, or snow falling on a winter bg scene, or fireflies flying around a spooky bg setting, etc. It's a pretty cool effect if you haven't already tried it!

beardedragon

#226 Post by beardedragon »

scottr954 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 12:36 pm

Have you used 'Elements' in Compiz before? If not you can combine one of those with a corresponding bg image for a more realistic (live?) desktop. For example have leaves falling on an Autumn bg scene, or snow falling on a winter bg scene, or fireflies flying around a spooky bg setting, etc. It's a pretty cool effect if you haven't already tried it!
Would you need to run a (.gif) for that?
Rule #2 Read Rule #1

scottr954

#227 Post by scottr954 »

beardedragon wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 12:47 pm

Nope. Here's a little screen recording as an example of the various elements you can use.

https://youtu.be/mcw0KPKUcRc

scottr954

#228 Post by scottr954 »

scottr954 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 3:42 pm

Nope. Here's a little screen recording as an example of the various elements you can use.

https://youtu.be/mcw0KPKUcRc
You can apply a particular 'element' to whatever desktop background you desire.

scottr954

#229 Post by scottr954 »

Here's a pic of a worm hole with the compiz element stars..

https://youtu.be/SUrjqo_p6ZY

beardedragon

#230 Post by beardedragon »

scottr954 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 3:45 pm

You can apply a particular 'element' to whatever desktop background you desire.
Sorry, a little too busy for me. Isn't Compiz part of KDE? Maybe not. I prefer simple xfce with great graphics, mostly 3D. Good suggestion though, thanks. Gone though a few hundred pages since I last found anything, I'll keep on trying.
Rule #2 Read Rule #1

Return to “Themes and Screenshots”