Request for translations thread

For suggestions, procedures and requests for translations of documentation and apps to languages other than English.
Old Giza

Re: Request for translations thread

#31 Post by Old Giza »

Hello translators. More translations are required for gazelle-installer. 62 words in 5 strings.

Note that for the last phrase "The installer cannot encrypt an existing /home directory or partition.", the meaning is that the installer does not have the capability of doing this, not that it encountered a problem attempting to do it.

Thank you!

Fibogacci

#32 Post by Fibogacci »

Hello.

Ok, it's translated ;)

I have a question by the way, there are still (in Polish version) 190 untranslated strings which cannot be translated (information: The resource of this source string is not accepting translations.)

Are these translations used/important in MX/antix or maybe I should not worry? ;) (because they are outdated or something).
MX-18 Continuum x86_64: laptop Dell Inspiron N7110, Intel Core i5-2410M @ 2.900GHz, 4GB RAM, Kernel: 4.19, DE: Xfce

Old Giza

#33 Post by Old Giza »

Just speaking about the locked MX resources, they are still used in some very old MX releases, but not the newer ones. Your guess is correct.

I did not want translators to waste time translating these strings, better to focus on the new stuff. At some point, these resources will be removed. So, not to worry!

Fibogacci

#34 Post by Fibogacci »

Old Giza wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:26 pm Just speaking about the locked MX resources, they are still used in some very old MX releases, but not the newer ones. Your guess is correct.

I did not want translators to waste time translating these strings, better to focus on the new stuff. At some point, these resources will be removed. So, not to worry!
All right, thank you, it's good to know ;)
MX-18 Continuum x86_64: laptop Dell Inspiron N7110, Intel Core i5-2410M @ 2.900GHz, 4GB RAM, Kernel: 4.19, DE: Xfce

Adrian
Developer

#35 Post by Adrian »

Any Spanish translators around? I looked at the installer and it looks like Spanish needs about 100 strings translated. There are other languages that need updates for the installer: Catalan, Danish, Greek, Finish, Russian, and a couple more but if we get Spanish ready we should be able to release MX 18.3

Thanks!

cyrilus31

#36 Post by cyrilus31 »

Adrian, you should try to directly post on the spanish forum.

EDIT : I will do that

Gerson

#37 Post by Gerson »

Hello @Adrian; I collaborated with the translation of the Manual into Spanish, and I offer to do the translation into Spanish for the new installer of MX 18.3 and what is needed. My email is ggla2015@gmail.com
No todos ignoramos las mismas cosas. :confused:

Adrian
Developer

#38 Post by Adrian »

Gerson wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:45 am Hello @Adrian; I collaborated with the translation of the Manual into Spanish, and I offer to do the translation into Spanish for the new installer of MX 18.3 and what is needed. My email is ggla2015@gmail.com
Thanks, you can head directly here: gazelle-installer For questions and clarifications Old Giza should be able to help since he's the master in this field.

Old Giza

#39 Post by Old Giza »

I see that Spanish is complete now. If that was you, thanks! If not, thanks for the offer! And maybe I will give you a shout for some of the others that need help.

MateoGonzar

#40 Post by MateoGonzar »

Hi! I collaborated with the Spanish translation of gazelle-installer, I noticed that you needed help and I decided to support.
If you need more help with the Spanish translations, you can contact me at my email: mateogonzar@gmail.com

Return to “Translations”