MX Linux Cinnamon won't detect graphics tablet

For issues with MX that has been modified from the initial install. Example: adding packages that then cause issues.
gbhollr

MX Linux Cinnamon won't detect graphics tablet

#1 Post by gbhollr »

I was testing MX Linux 18 and installed the Cinnamon desktop environment.

As much as I see the value in a light desktop environment like XFCE and LXDE, I love Cinnamon because A) It was the DE of the first Linux distro I tried and B) it has a neat application that lets you calibrate graphics tablet, something which is a pain to do on other desktop environments and I rely on my Wacom Cintiq 13HD for most of my productive work.

When I plugged my Cintiq into my computer, the operating system wouldn't detect the tablet at all.
So there must be something I'm missing, especially considering Cinnamon isn't officially supported yet.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Stevo
Developer

Re: MX Linux Cinnamon won't detect graphics tablet

#2 Post by Stevo »

We do have a newer libwacom2 0.32 in our test repo, but I don't know if Cinnamon will take advantage of that automatically, or the relevant parts of it need to be rebuilt against it.

We also have a newer version of Cinnamon in the test repo, but again, that was built against the stock libwacom2. So there are several avenues to explore.

gbhollr

#3 Post by gbhollr »

Thank you.
Do you have any idea how it long it generally takes a program in the test repo to make it to the main repositories?

Stevo
Developer

#4 Post by Stevo »

It'll take forever if no users ever install and report on it :rolleyes: : viewtopic.php?f=134&t=46993

asqwerth
Developer

#5 Post by asqwerth »

gbhollr wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:19 pm Thank you.
Do you have any idea how it long it generally takes a program in the test repo to make it to the main repositories?
As Stevo has said, it needs people to test it to ensure it works. And since you are the one who wants Cinnamon fully running on your system, you would be the best person to give Stevo feedback on the packages in Test Repo.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

Return to “MX Modified”