Virtualbox v 6 Series

Report Bugs, Issues and non- package Requests
Gerson

Re: Virtualbox v 6 Series

#21 Post by Gerson »

I installed VirtualBox 6.0.4 from the test repository and I like how it is working, all the programs I use there (and that there is no alternative version for GNU/Linux because they were only made for Windows), they work correctly, I do not have any complaint of those who comment back.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No todos ignoramos las mismas cosas. :confused:

asqwerth
Developer

#22 Post by asqwerth »

Do you use Shared Folders? If yes, are they working?

Which kernel are you using in MX Linux?
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

Gerson

#23 Post by Gerson »

@asqwertk
There are two shared folders. All the partition /home shared and another partition that I had in Windows in NTFS that I call Data. Although I can access them, I can not work the content of both partitions, create, modify, delete, etc. I had not realized until I needed to use a program that I have there.
Kernel 4.19 x64 liquorix
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stevo
Developer

#24 Post by Stevo »

FWIW, I don't lose any ability to manage files in my shared folders with the backported 6.0.4.

Stevo
Developer

#25 Post by Stevo »

asqwerth wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:14 am It's just the Arch upstream update of VB, since the distro just used arch repos.

It was an easy way for me to install a preconfigured image of arch without building the install from scratch, which I wasn't gonna do.

The Devs stopped work on their distro a year ago so I disabled their small repo and it's just plain Arch now.
Well, I don't see anything in the patches for the Arch version that pertain to changing the GUI and getting rid of the shimmer effect...

https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/comm ... virtualbox

Stevo
Developer

#26 Post by Stevo »

Here's the fix for the font colors if you're using a dark theme: tell Vbox to follow the gtk theme.

Code: Select all

VirtualBox -style gtk %U
You can edit the menu command to use the above code. The background will still be white, but text will be black like in Gerson's screenshot for the light theme.

asqwerth
Developer

#27 Post by asqwerth »

Stevo wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:02 am
asqwerth wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:48 am
Stevo wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:23 pm Well, that's not good, since Manjaro has a much newer Qt 5 than MX. I wonder if it's related to that fancy ripple-shimmer they added when the mouse crosses over a button. As you can see, the rest of the application conforms to the theming, it's just the main GUI that has the issue.
OK, I think it was another Arch-based distro, not Manjaro (since Manjaro issues updates in batches and not as and when they pop up).

The most recent updates in the former distro removes the shimmer ripple effect from the VB main window. I think the text for each virtual machine entry has also reverted to black so it can be read even without mousing over the entry. Still a bit weird looking, but better.
If you let me know what distro that was, maybe I can copy whatever changes they made to the build to fix the GUI.
Stevo, my apologies for the wrong info and false hopes. I went back to check my Arch distro and now I recall I was experimenting with oomox so the theme I was using wasn't really dark but a kind of medium-grey thing. So the text colour for the theme was already black, which was why it was legible in VB6.

The text issue with true dark themes is still there, unless VB6 is opened with the gtk or qt commands you gave in the Package status - Virtualbox thread.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

Gerson

#28 Post by Gerson »

It does not work correctly VirtualBox 6, I tried in 3 machines, and in 2 of them a double link appears to a shared folder and in both you can access that folder by any of the two links (/F) or (/Z) but not it works correctly and in the third, it does not read the shared folders (/home and /F). Also when you turn it off, it remains static on the closing screen and you have to close it forcibly to turn it off.
ADDITION. It is in another thread: http://forum.mxlinux.org/viewtopic.php? ... e495e25858
VirtualBox 6.0.4 from Repository of tests with VirtualBox Extension Pack 5.2.24-1 works perfect with the shared folders and the entire Windows 7 Starter x32 system.
If I put VirtualBox Extension Pack 6.0.4 stops working the shared folders, I create a double icon to an NTFS folder and when I want to work it freezes the system.
Use MX 18 x64 with kernel 4.20.0-5.1 liquorix

Return to “Bugs and Non-Package Requests Forum”