New icon sets in CR / MXPI Popular Apps

richb
Administrator

Re: New icon sets in CR / MXPI Popular Apps

#11 Post by richb »

Stevo wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:59 pm The cursor theme is in a separate "la-capitaine-cursor-theme" package; perhaps Gerson thought it was part of the icon theme. Can any one test the install?
The cursor theme installed without problem and shows in the Theme tab of the Mouse Settings.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

manyroads

#12 Post by manyroads »

Stevo wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:59 pm The cursor theme is in a separate "la-capitaine-cursor-theme" package; perhaps Gerson thought it was part of the icon theme. Can any one test the install?
@stevo, I just installed from mxpi and la-capitaine-cursor-theme works for me.... But then my mom always said I was special. :p
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

Gerson

#13 Post by Gerson »

I re-installed the theme "La Capitaine" but I can not find the theme for the cursors.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No todos ignoramos las mismas cosas. :confused:

asqwerth
Developer

#14 Post by asqwerth »

Gerson wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:24 pm I re-installed the theme "La Capitaine" but I can not find the theme for the cursors.
Aha! Now I see what happened.

The icons and cursors come in 2 separate packages.

Search for "capitaine" without the "la" in Test Repo.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

Stevo
Developer

#15 Post by Stevo »

Gerson wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:24 pm I re-installed the theme "La Capitaine" but I can not find the theme for the cursors.
It's called "la-capitaine-cursor-theme", and is currently in the test repo, but will soon be moved to main.

Try

Code: Select all

apt policy la-capitaine-cursor-theme
to see if you've installed it.

Gerson

#16 Post by Gerson »

It was not installed, so I looked it up in the test repository and installed it, I'm already enjoying it. Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

asqwerth
Developer

#17 Post by asqwerth »

Gerson wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:21 pm It was not installed, so I looked it up in the test repository and installed it, I'm already enjoying it. Thank you.
Good, looks like it does work.

I like the colourful "Working" spinning ball that appears....
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)

asqwerth
Developer

#18 Post by asqwerth »

Adrian wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:34 pm I wonder if we can add screenshot for the icons sets, description of icons don't really cut it, in MXPI if you click on (i) it should show package info and screenshot if available, if we can stick a number of screenshots on a site that we control we can add the URL to the MXPI definitions.
I know some devs include preview picture files in their icon package (as can be seen on their respective git pages as well).

Since MX does package everything in the dev's icon set, I wonder if it's possible for MXPI to find and display any picture file that appears in the main folder of an icon package?

Gerson

#19 Post by Gerson »

Paso estas dos.

Adrian
Developer

#20 Post by Adrian »

asqwerth wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:25 am
Adrian wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:34 pm I wonder if we can add screenshot for the icons sets, description of icons don't really cut it, in MXPI if you click on (i) it should show package info and screenshot if available, if we can stick a number of screenshots on a site that we control we can add the URL to the MXPI definitions.
I know some devs include preview picture files in their icon package (as can be seen on their respective git pages as well).

Since MX does package everything in the dev's icon set, I wonder if it's possible for MXPI to find and display any picture file that appears in the main folder of an icon package?
MXPI can display pictures from websites or local, but the URL needs to be specified in MXPI-pkglist

Return to “MX Repositories”