Why is MX Linux so successful and popular?

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
Eadwine Rose
Administrator

Re: Why is MX Linux so successful and popular?

#11 Post by Eadwine Rose »

manyroads wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:50 pm Well and then there is the humor... :bagoverhead:
Naaaahhhh.. we're lame. :lipsrsealed:
MX-23.2_x64 July 31 2023 * 6.1.0-18-amd64 ext4 Xfce 4.18.1 * 8core AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Asus TUF B450-Plus Gaming UEFI * Asus GTX 1050 Ti Nvidia 525.147.05 * 2x16Gb DDR4 2666 Kingston HyperX Predator
Samsung 860EVO * Samsung S24D330 & P2250 * HP Envy 5030

BitJam
Developer

#12 Post by BitJam »

Sparky wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:55 pm
paul1149 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:13 am I think ultimately MX's success is due to a very talented and dedicated group of devs who also are willing to help out the user base. Hard combination to beat.
Yep, that is the formula for Linux MX's success.
:toast:
Yes, so in a way, our success is based on our prior lack of success. We had a chance to improve the system and work out many kinks before getting overwhelmed with users.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself -- and you are the easiest person to fool."

-- Richard Feynman

Sparky

#13 Post by Sparky »

BitJam wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:22 pm
paul1149 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:13 am I think ultimately MX's success is due to a very talented and dedicated group of devs who also are willing to help out the user base. Hard combination to beat.
Yes, so in a way, our success is based on our prior lack of success. We had a chance to improve the system and work out many kinks before getting overwhelmed with users.
So now you have to pay the price of success. You will be overwhelmed by many more users in the coming months! :number1:
MX Linux Asus F552, 12GB RAM, 500GB WD SSD MX19.2
Dell Inspiron 7559 16GB RAM 1X 256GB SSD & 1TB SSD MX KDE 21.1 & Windows 11
Mini Tower PC 2X 256GB SSD MX KDE21.1

Gordon Cooper

#14 Post by Gordon Cooper »

A two part answer (a) MX works and (b) an excellent Help system.
Backup: Dell9010, MX-19_B2, Win7, 120 SSD, WD 232GIB HD, 4GB RAM
Primary :Homebrew64 bit Intel duo core 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Kingston SSD, Seagate1TB.
MX-18.2 64bit. Also MX17, Kubuntu14.04 & Puppy 6.3.

Stevo
Developer

#15 Post by Stevo »

Sparky wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:31 pm
So now you have to pay the price of success. You will be overwhelmed by many more users in the coming months! :number1:
Hopefully we'll get some of the new users helping to answer the tough tech questions--fehlix comes to mind as an example. And some to answer the easy ones in the manual, like "how do I install a deb file?", to take the load from the techy guys, without the "RTFM" response.

Mauser

#16 Post by Mauser »

MX Linux is so popular because it just works and is solid as a rock! MX Tools and Tweak makes live easy. The support you receive is top notch. The moderators do an excellent job of keeping the MX forum civil thanks to the forum rules set in place.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

zoli62

#17 Post by zoli62 »

Stevo wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:28 pm
Sparky wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:31 pm
Hopefully we'll get some of the new users helping to answer the tough tech questions--fehlix comes to mind as an example. And some to answer the easy ones in the manual, like "how do I install a deb file?", to take the load from the techy guys, without the "RTFM" response.
Otherwise, reading the manuals I have to say that it is easy to understand and detailed.

Mauser

#18 Post by Mauser »

Stevo wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:28 pm Hopefully we'll get some of the new users helping to answer the tough tech questions--fehlix comes to mind as an example. And some to answer the easy ones in the manual, like "how do I install a deb file?", to take the load from the techy guys, without the "RTFM" response.
:rofl: Best comment on this thread so far. :number1:
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

zoli62

#19 Post by zoli62 »

Mauser wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:55 pm MX Linux is so popular because it just works and is solid as a rock! MX Tools and Tweak makes live easy. The support you receive is top notch. The moderators do an excellent job of keeping the MX forum civil thanks to the forum rules set in place.
The simplicity of MX Linux seems to be its greatness.

Mauser

#20 Post by Mauser »

zoli62 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:06 pm
Mauser wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:55 pm MX Linux is so popular because it just works and is solid as a rock! MX Tools and Tweak makes live easy. The support you receive is top notch. The moderators do an excellent job of keeping the MX forum civil thanks to the forum rules set in place.
The simplicity of MX Linux seems to be its greatness.
Yes, that too. It's the whole package.

Return to “General”