MX18 Continuum Childrens' Education Snapshot

Those who have created deb or tar packages to share with other MX users can create a thread in this forum to do that. Also those that request someone to create a package for them, can be posted here.
Stevo
Developer

Re: MX18 Continuum Childrens' Education Snapshot

#31 Post by Stevo »

Any thoughts about using the cute animated Tux modified cursor theme by default?

https://www.opendesktop.org/p/999794/

manyroads

#32 Post by manyroads »

@stevo I did not know it existed. I'll try it out! Thanks.
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

aledie

#33 Post by aledie »

Funny cursors and icons... You can really learn from Picaros, maybe copy their theme as an alternative, I hate it but kids may love it .. look here ;):
https://distrowatch.com/images/screensh ... icaros.png
MX-18 (x64): HP 8460p, i5-2540M, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, HD3000

manyroads

#34 Post by manyroads »

Whoa minino (PicarOS) is huge! :eek: 3.7GB. It must be jam packed with 'goodies'. :happy: I found a skinnier version to download. I'm guessing these would run better and smaller on an antiX base than they do on Ubuntu.
Pax vobiscum,
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

aledie

#35 Post by aledie »

@manyroads: last time I checked, picaros used Debian stable, not Ubuntu, also they have mixed repos Jessie, Woody, compiled from source, etc, 3rd parties .. it's not upgradable usually without being broken due to this, they don't recommend it... The amount of apps is amazing, some of them are too ... Which kid needs Wireshark, wine, playonlinux, Simple server out of the box ...they have

By the way Minino (Picaros is based on) claims to run on everything has a couple, like 10-15 years old, it is fast even though it is huge... I see many parallels to antiX, just the weird repo mix I hate, and yes, they should have tried antiX, then they wouldn't need to mix the repos this way, at least could use our testing repo;)

manyroads

#36 Post by manyroads »

@aledie You are right about the distro base. I gave up on the "SanDiego" download (3.7GB) and now have (Quelles)- much smaller. The test is on...
Pax vobiscum,

aledie

#37 Post by aledie »

@manyroads: If you want to download Children's version, you must download Picaros Diego 2017 (Children version), and not Quelles or Atabros (normal Minino versions, one older one newer). Picaros Diego is so heavy due to the kids soft, they have among others KDEedu apps...

Read the discription for each:

https://minino.galpon.org/en/descargas

Return to “Package Sharing”