MX is making me lazy

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
KBD

MX is making me lazy

#1 Post by KBD »

Doing a fresh Linux install tonight on a 500 gb hard drive I took out of a machine and put into my T410 Thinkpad. I had the Debian 9 usb booted up, it was looking for my hardware, and I got to thinking about everything I needed to do to set it up. Then I got to thinking how easy it would be to just boot up MX 18 instead, how I just quickly use MX package installer to add Chrome, Pithos, and MX Codecs Installer would also save me time. So I decided my time would be best spent doing other things and installed MX 18 :) You guys make Linux too easy.

Pierre

Re: MX is making me lazy

#2 Post by Pierre »

Yup - MX is a solid, stable system.
- for those of us, who do like stability, of course.

Auro Kumar Sahoo

#3 Post by Auro Kumar Sahoo »

That's very right, i am now finding other distros little painful, as they need some things to do after installing it. :lipsrsealed:
MX is straight forward, ready and stable.
Not one error message and every thing one need is available on one click, starting from multimedia to root things..
Wifi, mobiles, all devices just run, simply run. Nothing to search and install except some particular apps for individual usage. But default application selection is a ready to go for any basic stuff and very well selected. MX tools is a Gem.
Once i used to this MX, others now feel painful :happy:
Wallpapers for mx : https://www.flickr.com/photos/aurokumar ... 2672882131 & page2
MX help : https://mxlinux.org/manuals/

दुर्लभम् हि सदा सुखम् ||{Ramayan २-१८-१३}
To be happy always is something which is difficult to achieve.

KBD

#4 Post by KBD »

Auro Kumar Sahoo wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:07 am That's very right, i am now finding other distros little painful, as they need some things to do after installing it. :lipsrsealed:
MX is straight forward, ready and stable.
Not one error message and every thing one need is available on one click, starting from multimedia to root things..
Wifi, mobiles, all devices just run, simply run. Nothing to search and install except some particular apps for individual usage. But default application selection is a ready to go for any basic stuff and very well selected. MX tools is a Gem.
Once i used to this MX, others now feel painful :happy:
Yes, I'm hard pressed to find a reason to use anything else :) Why make life hard on myself? Just use MX :)
It is not a surprise to me that it's climbing to the top of Distrowatch.

Eggnog

#5 Post by Eggnog »

I've got an unused partition on one of my laptops. This weekend I had the idea of trying another distro in a dual boot with MX just for fun and to perhaps use as an alternative. I tried several but found something to dislike about all of them shortly after installation, except for Solus. It's still there but I don't even know if I will do anything with it. MX has spoiled me. It just works. It gives me no grief. It's why it's on all my machines.

Artim

#6 Post by Artim »

It's a perfectly boring operating system.

There's no drama, there are no surprises, no interruptions. Absolutely nothing to make it command my attention while I'm in the middle of working on something for school or work. It just sits there while I run applications instead of the OS. 9_9

Yawwwwwnnn.

KBD

#7 Post by KBD »

Artim wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:03 am It's a perfectly boring operating system.

There's no drama, there are no surprises, no interruptions. Absolutely nothing to make it command my attention while I'm in the middle of working on something for school or work. It just sits there while I run applications instead of the OS. 9_9

Yawwwwwnnn.
Boring Is Very Good! :happy:

Artim

#8 Post by Artim »

Yes! That's exactly what an OS should be, except for tinkerers and developers.

Return to “General”