qbittorrent nothing adds

Report Bugs, Issues and non- package Requests
wherewo1f

qbittorrent nothing adds

#1 Post by wherewo1f »

Hi i installed qbittorrent 4.1.5 no torrent will add at all. I tried qbittorrent 4.1.4 same result no torrent will add. something is messed up here with the install or something else. I then tried the flatpak qbittorrent 4.1.5 it was. It worked on flatpak. I do not want to use flatpak only becuase it doesn't use themes if i where to change theme right? anyhow just thought id let you know

Eggnog

Re: qbittorrent nothing adds

#2 Post by Eggnog »

Are your downloads defaulting to Transmission? It's been a while since I installed QBittorrent, but I think you can choose it as the default app. If not, if you remove Transmission it will use QB. I just can't recall which I had to do.

wherewo1f

#3 Post by wherewo1f »

Eggnog wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:42 pm Are your downloads defaulting to Transmission? It's been a while since I installed QBittorrent, but I think you can choose it as the default app. If not, if you remove Transmission it will use QB. I just can't recall which I had to do.
Yeah i know what you mean Eggnog. I removed transmission and was using qbittorrent but when i go to add a torrent nothing happens its always blank no matter what. The flatpak worked however but i don't want to use that it won't theme right with other themes

Stevo
Developer

#4 Post by Stevo »

I can right-click a torrent file and add it to the app OK here. If you start it in the terminal, are there any error messages when it fails for you?

Gordon Cooper

#5 Post by Gordon Cooper »

Assuming that you have the torrent files downloaded and saved, does qBittorrent know where to find them?
Backup: Dell9010, MX-19_B2, Win7, 120 SSD, WD 232GIB HD, 4GB RAM
Primary :Homebrew64 bit Intel duo core 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Kingston SSD, Seagate1TB.
MX-18.2 64bit. Also MX17, Kubuntu14.04 & Puppy 6.3.

wherewo1f

#6 Post by wherewo1f »

Here guys i did short video so you better understand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4vIb0v-USA

Stevo wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:39 pm I can right-click a torrent file and add it to the app OK here. If you start it in the terminal, are there any error messages when it fails for you?
Gordon Cooper wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:51 pm Assuming that you have the torrent files downloaded and saved, does qBittorrent know where to find them?

wherewo1f

#7 Post by wherewo1f »

Can you guys tell me how to compile this app?

Stevo
Developer

#8 Post by Stevo »

wherewo1f wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:34 pm Can you guys tell me how to compile this app?
Do you mean like our deb packages?

wherewo1f

#9 Post by wherewo1f »

Stevo wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:53 pm
wherewo1f wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:34 pm Can you guys tell me how to compile this app?
Do you mean like our deb packages?
I mean compiling it from source. I was trying to follow this https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... and-Ubuntu

But what does this mean -j$(nproc) put it in terminal it said make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop. so i was clueless to how do it

Stevo
Developer

#10 Post by Stevo »

Our deb packages are also compiled from source, and doing it that way is much better than following some random guide.

Since they are both compiled from source, I also doubt that would fix anything at all, the manual way would only make things worse by scattering bits of it all over.

Have you tried running qbittorrent yet from the terminal and see if any error messages show up when you try and add a torrent?

You could also try renaming the /.config/qBittorrent folder in your home folder to see if that makes any difference, or create a new user and see if the problem persists for that user.

Return to “Bugs and Non-Package Requests Forum”