XUL based Applications besides Palemoon

Report Bugs, Issues and non- package Requests
galaxysurfer

XUL based Applications besides Palemoon

#1 Post by galaxysurfer »

Hi,

I came across this page http://thereisonlyxul.org/while looking for compatible extensions for my Palemoon install. Is it possible to get the email client as well as any of the not already included XUL based offerings to our package Library?

Thanx & Keep up the great work!

galaxysurfer

Re: XUL based Applications besides Palemoon

#2 Post by galaxysurfer »

What I was hoping for were the Hyperbola offerings.

Stevo
Developer

#3 Post by Stevo »

Isn't our Thunderbird 52.9 still based on XUL?

That page is sorta old, and I don't think there's been much work on the email client at all--try and find where to get the source, for example.

galaxysurfer

#4 Post by galaxysurfer »

I was mainly wanting a pre web based email client like Thunderbird Ver 52 build with newer version hahaving moved to WebExtension APIs since they are still tied to Mozilla. Ideally I would like a security updated version of Fossamail. I like Moonchild's iteration of Goanna gecko for 64 bit support. I have many email accounts that I agreggate which Thunderbird tends to crash. Unfortunately Fossamail has been mothballed & the replacement by another developer isn't including the calendar & other functionality I use. Maybe the better question to ask is if you will support Thunderbird 52 version with security updates in the future or will move to the latest version of Thunderbird based on WebExtension APIs?

Stevo
Developer

#5 Post by Stevo »

Mozilla will probably stop supporting Thunderbird 52 in the near future, if they haven't quit already. Debian already has moved Thunderbird 60.4 into Stretch to address this, and they also have some updated extensions in the upstream repos that support the new API...but everyone has some favorite one that's not been updated. :frown:

We also have 60.X in the test repo, and may be forced eventually to move it to main. We build our own version to fix some issue with the language packs, I think.

Eadwine Rose
Administrator

#6 Post by Eadwine Rose »

Stevo wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:48 pm Mozilla will probably stop supporting Thunderbird 52 in the near future, if they haven't quit already. Debian already has moved Thunderbird 60.4 into Stretch to address this, and they also have some updated extensions in the upstream repos that support the new API...but everyone has some favorite one that's not been updated. :frown:

We also have 60.X in the test repo, and may be forced eventually to move it to main. We build our own version to fix some issue with the language packs, I think.
60.3.1 is on my working machine, has been running fine for me in any case. 60.4 is one I didn't upgrade to because I didn't really trust the changelog issues bit. But 60.3.1 is working fine for me :)
MX-23.2_x64 July 31 2023 * 6.1.0-20-amd64 ext4 Xfce 4.18.1 * 8core AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Asus TUF B450-Plus Gaming UEFI * Asus GTX 1050 Ti Nvidia 525.147.05 * 2x16Gb DDR4 2666 Kingston HyperX Predator
Samsung 860EVO * Samsung S24D330 & P2250 * HP Envy 5030

Return to “Bugs and Non-Package Requests Forum”