Synology Cloud Station Drive tray icons

Report Bugs, Issues and non- package Requests
nvxwax

Synology Cloud Station Drive tray icons

#1 Post by nvxwax »

Has anybody been able to get the tray icons to work when using Synology Cloud Station Drive, I have had this problem from MX 16 to the most current MX 18, Im trying to switch to MX as my main OS but i use Synology Cloud Station on my local lan for folder sync between all my computers, The app installs fine, it also starts when you boot MX, but there should be a tray icon (notification area), Sometimes it will have a blank space in the notification area you can right click to open the sync app, other times there is no icon or blank space, you have to open the full app to see if there are any sync problems.
(งツ)ว SudoWAX
Networking, Linux, Computer Pack-Rat enthusiast, Overland Travel ...

richb
Administrator

Re: Synology Cloud Station Drive tray icons

#2 Post by richb »

nvxwax wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:03 pm Has anybody been able to get the tray icons to work when using Synology Cloud Station Drive, I have had this problem from MX 16 to the most current MX 18, Im trying to switch to MX as my main OS but i use Synology Cloud Station on my local lan for folder sync between all my computers, The app installs fine, it also starts when you boot MX, but there should be a tray icon (notification area), Sometimes it will have a blank space in the notification area you can right click to open the sync app, other times there is no icon or blank space, you have to open the full app to see if there are any sync problems.
Have you tried a different system icon set?
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

nvxwax

#3 Post by nvxwax »

Changing the icon set does not seem to fix the problem, Normally after you install the app the tray has a space where the icon is supposed to show but its just missing, you can still right click the blank space to get to the app, but after rebooting the space or the icon are not even there, the Cloud drive app is running in the background there is just no tray icon / space to open it.

The app stores its own icons in (home folder)

.CloudStation/CloudStation.app/images/tray/normal/
.CloudStation/CloudStation.app/images/tray/win-linux-black/
.CloudStation/CloudStation.app/images/tray/mac-white/
.CloudStation/CloudStation.app/images/tray/mac-black/

each folder has 5 icons for the status of the sync state

If you open notification area properties it is listed but has a generic looking icon that looks like a folded picture.
(งツ)ว SudoWAX

richb
Administrator

#4 Post by richb »

You can try restarting the panel once logged in. In a terminal type xfce4-panel -r and enter.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

nvxwax

#5 Post by nvxwax »

Restarting the panel did not change anything, I have been using this program on Linux Mint Mate (version 16 - 19) and the icons work, Im guessing its a xfce thing, Im going to test it under another distro that uses xfce to see if that changes anything, I know its a small issue but my ocd will not let me sleep lol.
(งツ)ว SudoWAX

nvxwax

#6 Post by nvxwax »

Well i tested in Peppermint 9 and the tray icons work, not sure whats going on lol
(งツ)ว SudoWAX

Return to “Bugs and Non-Package Requests Forum”