Qimo 2.0 download

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
manyroads

Qimo 2.0 download

#1 Post by manyroads »

Does anyone have a known 'good' downloadable version of Qimo 2? Every copy I find on the 'net seems to be "junque". I'm trying to amp up the MX18 version I have for my grandson to include all the nice things that were in that old distro (except of course I want to build it off MX).

Pointers or indications of the insanity of this effort are all welcomed. :eek:
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

old_guy

Re: Qimo 2.0 download

#2 Post by old_guy »

manyroads

Try:
www2.niux.com.ar/qimo-2.0-desktop.iso

md5sum:
fcc629f107e8ca8766b15bc6e5c32e5c

I downloaded and booted in VirtualBox.

Good luck. I Just started clearing out all the old stuff I had recently - it included an old PCLOS KidSafe and Qimo. Hope things work out for you.

Earl

timkb4cq
Developer

#3 Post by timkb4cq »

I downloaded from here and the iso runs in Vbox.
http://www2.niux.com.ar/qimo-2.0-desktop.iso

There is an abandoned Ubuntu Qimo-games-2.0 deb that is a metapackage pulling in all the games included in Qimo-2.0 from the normal repos. It took a few seconds to rebuild it for MX-17 http://mxrepo.com/misc/qimo-games.zip
HP Pavillion TP01, AMD Ryzen 3 5300G (quad core), Crucial 500GB SSD, Toshiba 6TB 7200rpm
Dell Inspiron 15, AMD Ryzen 7 2700u (quad core). Sabrent 500GB nvme, Seagate 1TB

manyroads

#4 Post by manyroads »

Thanks gents!
Pax vobiscum,
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

Richard

#5 Post by Richard »

Qimo the Eskimo is neat, but I needed an alternative.
Great that Tim built a metapackage for MX17 (probably 18?).

I made an iso of MX-16x32 for Pre-School Kids (still have it if you want to try it.)
Just removed everything that wasn't required
or might let them get hung up.
Then installed Gcompris, Childsplay, TuxPaint, Mr.PotatoHead, Chess, OpenInvaders, SuperTux, SuperTuxKart, etc.

What ages are your grandkids?
Thinkpad T430 & Dell Latitude E7450, both with MX-21.3.1
kernal 5.10.0-26-amd64 x86_64; Xfce-4.18.0; 8 GB RAM
Intel Core i5-3380M, Graphics, Audio, Video; & SSDs.

manyroads

#6 Post by manyroads »

Richard, Thank you sooo much for asking. :happy: My grand'sons' are 5.5 and 1.5. I will build a snapshot of the items I have gathered, which will include lot's of language (German, I'm teaching my guys like I did their uncle, and mommy.) I also have a lot of science stuff (robotics, space, aerospace, tractors and other BIG guy toys.). All will be included in the beast of a download.
Pax vobiscum,

manyroads

#7 Post by manyroads »

@Richard... I am sooo sorry for not asking about your grandchildren. I love kids! Mine and everyone elses.
Pax vobiscum,

Richard

#8 Post by Richard »

We have 5, aged from 13 to 19,
all distant from our location unfortunately.

We have a regular pre-school with a therapy center for kids with conditions. We have 4 older computers for the lab. I have them pretty well locked down for the regular pre-school kids, but the autistic kids always find a way to get into making changes. But fixing them is just a quick reinstall.
Thinkpad T430 & Dell Latitude E7450, both with MX-21.3.1
kernal 5.10.0-26-amd64 x86_64; Xfce-4.18.0; 8 GB RAM
Intel Core i5-3380M, Graphics, Audio, Video; & SSDs.

manyroads

#9 Post by manyroads »

I'll be sure to share and discuss what I'm doing here. Please feel free to comment on, use, add requirements to anything you like in this space. I'll make everything available as snapshots (probably a lot of times).
Pax vobiscum,

Return to “General”