-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

Request for Hedgewars 0.9.24

radissthor
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Request for Hedgewars 0.9.24

#1 Post by radissthor » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:46 pm

Hello,

Would it be possible to update the current version of Hedgewars in MX17 (0.9.22) to the current one (0.9.24)?

Thanks in advance

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Request for Hedgewars 0.9.24

#2 Post by Stevo » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:17 pm

0.9.24.1 is already in stretch-backports, according to repology: https://repology.org/metapackage/hedgewars/versions

I'm thinking we could remove large packages like that and 0ad from our own repo if backports has them now, since we now have the backports support in MXPI to make getting them from there so dead easy.

radissthor
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

#3 Post by radissthor » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:02 am

Stevo wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:17 pm
0.9.24.1 is already in stretch-backports, according to repology: https://repology.org/metapackage/hedgewars/versions

I'm thinking we could remove large packages like that and 0ad from our own repo if backports has them now, since we now have the backports support in MXPI to make getting them from there so dead easy.
Thanks Stevo. Could you dumb this down for me? I am not really familiar with the terminology. What does it mean for the package to be on backports? I still cannot install it in MX17 because of dependency problems. What would be the "dead easy" way of getting the package to work on MX17?

radissthor
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

#4 Post by radissthor » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:25 am

I just realized MXPI means MX package installer. I had no idea it had the functionality of installing from debian backports. I tried installing hedgewars from there and "the process finished successfully" according to the program. And the game indeed works perfectly. Thanks for the info!

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#5 Post by Stevo » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:58 pm

Thanks! We removed the large Hedgewars and 0ad games, but added the even bigger Flightgear.

It used to be more difficult to install from backports (like it still is in Debian), but our MX apps developers have made that quite easy now.

I also like using repology.org to see what distros have what versions--it shows stretch-backports, and now should show the MX versions of hedgewars removed: https://repology.org/metapackage/hedgewars/versions

Return to “Package Requests/Status - MX 17”