"disable touchpad while typing" option

lonesomepoint

"disable touchpad while typing" option

#1 Post by lonesomepoint »

I was on a train with an old laptop whose trackpoint doesn't work, so I had to reluctantly use the touchpad. While trying to reduce the sensitivity to minimum (because these touchpads have the problem of making the cursor jump at the slightest pressure while you type), I noticed the touchpad-specific options include a "disable while typing" option. Granted, I have not looked in the laptop touchpad settings for a long time, because normally, the only thing I want to do with the touchpad is turn it off (which you don't do in the touchpad-specific options), but I haven't seen this "disable while typing" option before. It wouldn't be an MX innovation, would it? Or just XFCE? because it's much more helpful in this situation than messing with the sensitivity. My touchpad is now more or less under control.
Last edited by lonesomepoint on Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dolphin_oracle
Developer

Re: "disable touchpad while typing" option

#2 Post by dolphin_oracle »

lonesomepoint wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:58 pm I was on a train with an old laptop whose trackpoint doesn't work, so I had to reluctantly use the touchpad. While trying to reduce the sensitivity to minimum (because these touchpads have the problem of making the cursor jump at the slightest pressure while you type), I noticed the touchpad-specific options include a "disable while typing" option. Granted, I have not looked in the laptop touchpad settings for a long time, because normally, the only thing I want to do with the touchpad is turn it off (which you don't do in the touchpad-specific options), but I haven't seen this "disable while typing" option before. It wouldn't be an MX innovation, would it? because it's rather useful in this situation. XFCE? My touchpad is now more or less under control.
no, its actually an old Xfce feature, utilizing the settings available in the syanpatic touchpad driver.

but its a favorite of mine too.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

Return to “General”