Tried to give money to MX Linux

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
reykev

Tried to give money to MX Linux

#1 Post by reykev »

Yeah. I tried. But I had to create an account, with a password. xxxxxxx it. I just wanted to give you money. How much of a hassle is that?

Adrian
Developer

Re: Tried to give money to MX Linux

#2 Post by Adrian »

Thank you for your intention.

I don't understand what's the problem, the Donate page https://mxlinux.org/donate gives you two options: use Paypal or enter credit/debit card info, where did it ask you to create an account, did you choose Paypal?

Artim

#3 Post by Artim »

Just use a credit card if you want to give hassle-free. I'm going to buy me some MX swag too!

Pierre

#4 Post by Pierre »

that C/C option will most probably be still for using PayPal.
& sure - that P/P option may not suit everyone.

but, if you are keen to help out the MX project - - then do consider using PayPal just this once.

if you still are not able to use P/P - - then do promote the MX project, by giving away either CDs or Usb Sticks,
that are pre-loaded with the MX system.
:)

Mauser

#5 Post by Mauser »

reykev wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:14 pm Yeah. I tried. But I had to create an account, with a password. xxxxxxx it. I just wanted to give you money. How much of a hassle is that?
It shouldn't if you use a credit card. I have donated several times using a credit card and it never asked me to create and account or password.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

richb
Administrator

#6 Post by richb »

Mauser is correct. The Credit Card option does not require any registration, just standard information.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

KBD

#7 Post by KBD »

Paypal is easy option to donate.

Pierre

#8 Post by Pierre »

what Mauser has said is interesting - - I've read, somewhere, that you have a limited number of times,
that you can use a Credit-card, before having to create a PayPal account.

since, I've had a P/P account for years, now, then I'm not able to prove that statement, either way.
:alien:

Mauser

#9 Post by Mauser »

There is no way I am ever going to use a PayPal account with their lax security. It's a good thing I used a credit card when I had a PayPal account which saved me from loosing money since the credit card company squashed the many illegal charges and re-issued me a new credit card. PayPal was no help in the matter.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

Scott(0)

#10 Post by Scott(0) »

Hello to All

For what it's worth it seems to be working now (attaching a few screenshots) but I have experienced difficulty with PayPal in general (not MX specifically) with online purchases. I think what happens is PP *really* wants you to create an account and sometimes the forms make it look as if it's your only option (it's not) but the CC option can be difficult to find/almost hidden in some cases.

The images are clickable:

Return to “General”