second screen bug

Report Bugs, Issues and non- package Requests
Eadwine Rose
Administrator

Re: second screen bug

#11 Post by Eadwine Rose »

Mod note: please provide English translations when writing in a foreign language in a non-foreign language forum section, thank you
MX-23.2_x64 July 31 2023 * 6.1.0-20-amd64 ext4 Xfce 4.18.1 * 8core AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Asus TUF B450-Plus Gaming UEFI * Asus GTX 1050 Ti Nvidia 525.147.05 * 2x16Gb DDR4 2666 Kingston HyperX Predator
Samsung 860EVO * Samsung S24D330 & P2250 * HP Envy 5030

linwinux

#12 Post by linwinux »

Eadwine Rose wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:08 am Mod note: please provide English translations when writing in a foreign language in a non-foreign language forum section, thank you

Once I noticed that a German installation of MX was being used ... and since the original poster may not have noticed a German section here ... I chose to respond in that language in order to be more accommodating. Sorry for not realizing that this was against forum rules. Several people here have had no problem whatsoever using Google translate in the past, right in this very forum ... so why is it a problem now? I think as a forum regular I deserve the benefit of the doubt, not forcing me to write everything in duplicate.

Eadwine Rose
Administrator

#13 Post by Eadwine Rose »

It is common courtesy for people to provide translations for non German (or other languages) speakers.
MX-23.2_x64 July 31 2023 * 6.1.0-20-amd64 ext4 Xfce 4.18.1 * 8core AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Asus TUF B450-Plus Gaming UEFI * Asus GTX 1050 Ti Nvidia 525.147.05 * 2x16Gb DDR4 2666 Kingston HyperX Predator

preterive

#14 Post by preterive »

linwinux wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:59 am Was für ein Computer ist das ... Laptop oder PC ... Rechner Geschwindigkeit, RAM, Prozessor, 64bit oder 32bit?

Hast du in den Display/Bildschirm Einstellungen schon mal versucht mit nur einem einzigen Display auszukommen? Erst mal den Laptop Bildschirm erkennen lassen, dann den Zweiten einstellen, gefolgt vom Laptop Bildschirm ... gar nicht benutzen. Ich hatte in der Vergangenheit eine Maschine die lediglich nur ein einziges Display erkennen konnte. Zwar hatte ich die Möglichkeit ein Zweites Display anzuschließen, aber wegen meiner minderwertigen Grafik Karte bedeutete das, dass es lediglich möglich war egal welchen der beiden Bildschirme zu benutzen, nur nicht beide zusammen.
What kind of computer is this ... Laptop or PC ... Calculator speed, RAM, processor, 64bit or 32bit? Have you tried in the display / screen settings ever with only a single display to get along? First let the laptop screen recognize, then adjust the second, followed by the laptop screen ... do not use. In the past, I had a machine that could only recognize a single display. Although I had the option to connect a second display, but because of my inferior graphics card meant that it was only possible to use which of the two screens, but not both together.

Laptop, 64 Bis intel i3 4. gen.
8GB ram

Mit nur einen schirm läuft Kodi. vlc aber nicht. Ich nutze kodi jetzt einfach im Fenstermodus und dann über Vollbild. Vlc läuft trotzdem nicht. selber fehler wie hier: viewtopic.php?f=104&t=45284&p=449736#p449736

englich from deepl:
Laptop, 64 To intel i3 4th gen.
8GB ram

With only one screen, Kodi. vlc will not run. I now simply encode in window mode and then over full screen. Vlc is still not running. same error as here: viewtopic.php?f=104&t=45284&p=449736#p449736

linwinux

#15 Post by linwinux »

Kannst du dir den smplayer installieren und mal versuchen ob der alles abspielt?
Can you install smplayer in order to see if that will play everything for you?

Ich weiss das du schon Kodi & VLC benutzt hast, aber war das auch mit MX Linux gewesen, oder mit einem anderen Linux?
I know that you've used Kodi & VLC in the past, but was that with MX Linux or did you have those working in another distro?

Wir spielen bei uns Zuhause alles direct von Festplatte mit VLC ab, aber smplayer hat von Haus aus alle Codecs vor-installiert.
In our home we utilize VLC to play everything directly from hard disk, but smplayer comes with all codecs pre-installed already.

Kodi finde ich in Ordnung für sogenannte TV Boxen, aber nicht so gut for Computer.
Kodi is pretty good for TV boxes, but we don't care for it very much on Computers.

Bitte verwende ab jetzt für die Deutsche Sprache den Deutschsprachigen Teil vom MX Linux Forum, denn diese dämliche Doppel-Schreibereien finde ich ehrlich gesagt bescheuert. Hier ist der Link: viewforum.php?f=136

From now on please use the German Language portion of the MX Linux Forum for all German Text postings. Personally, I find these silly double-postings in two languages absolutely ridiculous. Here's the link: viewforum.php?f=136

Das Deutschsprachige Sub-Forum ist zwar relativ neu, aber Leute beantworten dort Fragen ohne das man alles doppelt schreiben muss.
The German Language sub-forum is relatively new, but people there do reply to questions, so everything doesn't need to be written in duplicate.

Eadwine Rose
Administrator

#16 Post by Eadwine Rose »

linwinux wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:29 amFrom now on please use the German Language portion of the MX Linux Forum for all German Text postings. Personally, I find these silly double-postings in two languages absolutely ridiculous. Here's the link: viewforum.php?f=136

Das Deutschsprachige Sub-Forum ist zwar relativ neu, aber Leute beantworten dort Fragen ohne das man alles doppelt schreiben muss.
The German Language sub-forum is relatively new, but people there do reply to questions, so everything doesn't need to be written in duplicate.
Mod post:

preterive: Please know that Linwinux is not a mod and does not determine for you where you can post. You are welcome to post anywhere you like, the only thing we ask is if you do post in a different language in the English parts of the forum to provide an English translation along with the post to make it easy for everyone to follow.

Linwinux: you are not a mod, please refrain from acting like one.

linwinux

#17 Post by linwinux »

It was a suggestion, nothing more ... where did you read a command in that?
From now on please use the German Language portion of the MX Linux Forum for all German Text postings.

It makes perfect sense to point this out and to let someone know (as an additional courtesy), where to find the German language sub-forum.

Last edited by linwinux on Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

richb
Administrator

#18 Post by richb »

Moderator comment.
I asked you before to take issues with other users and that includes Moderators to PM. This is the second time that you have ignored my comments as Moderator/Administrator. Please do not ignore in the future.

I would close this thread but the OP's issue has not been resolved as far I can tell. The gracious thing for you to do is edit the post by eliminating your comments and send a PM.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

cyrilus31

#19 Post by cyrilus31 »

Yes please everyone let's calm down and try to find a solution to this issue :hug:

@ preterive : the first thing to do when you ask for help is to describe your PC configuration. MX Tools > Quick System Info (sorry I don't know German for it). It will help identify issues.
And I second fehlix, could you show the settings of the second monitor! Is 24Hz usual frequency??

preterive

#20 Post by preterive »

Hello,
my system is in my profile or here: https://pastebin.com/YMqpanPT
yes, i use 24Hz on the second screen. the first screen is with 60" .
The pastebin text is without the second screen. It is a 40" FullHD sony screen.
yes, Kodi & VLC worked with ubuntu without any problems. but this was last year.
I have the same problem like there: viewtopic.php?f=104&t=45284 .
I try smplayer on the second screen tomorrow. Okay? But i really hate smplayer for the bad design.

@linwinux:
Ich kanns auch gerne ins deutsche Forum schreiben. dort können es nur leider nicht besonders viele sehen. Schreibe hier erstmal nur in englisch.

Return to “Bugs and Non-Package Requests Forum”