Welcome!

Please read this important information about Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities.
Please read this important information about MX sources lists.

News
  • MX Linux on social media: here
  • Mepis support still here
Current releases
  • MX-17.1 Final release info here
  • antiX-17 release info here
New users
  • Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
  • Read Forum Rules

Praise for Mepis and its Community

Here you can post a testimonial about why you like or love MEPIS. Include as much detail and info as you wish.
hermie
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

Praise for Mepis and its Community

#1 Postby hermie » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:11 pm

Fellow Penguins:

I am facinated by the power of Linux and Mepis in particular. I have been using Mepis exclusively for 6 or 7 years and installing each new version is an adventure. I have found that after a new install; that after basic configuration of such items as time zone, printer, browser, multimedia and installing a few favorite apps; that trying to anticipate everything I might want to use can be daunting. I have learned that as specific needs arise, I research the Mepis manuals, wiki, forums and community to find what I need and install the necessary packages and apps. In many forums on the internet, help and advice is given to amateurs by amateurs or the blind leading the blind. In the Mepis documentation and those giving advise and help there are seasoned experts that give solid, sound, to-the-point help that gets problems solved in short order. There are very few false leads. Many don't realize the power of Mepis and its community. The Mepis community makes even a late comer to computers feel like an "expert" in my own small world of limited knowledge and understanding. I take my hat off to all who are committed to this exciting endeavor. hermie
MX-14/KWheezy; Pentium 4 #640 3.20GHz; 3 GB; ASUS P5LD2-VM-UAGZ; 160GB SATA; NGear WNR2000v4; Hp-VS19e ; #l HP LJ/1300, #2 HP OJ/6812; Philips MMS171/17 speakers; Logitech WebCam Pro 9000, Asus NVIDIA EN8400GS--Win7; Toshiba L655D-S5110 laptop

lucky9
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#2 Postby lucky9 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:58 pm

hermie wrote:Fellow Penguins:

I am facinated by the power of Linux and Mepis in particular. I have been using Mepis exclusively for 6 or 7 years and installing each new version is an adventure. I have found that after a new install; that after basic configuration of such items as time zone, printer, browser, multimedia and installing a few favorite apps; that trying to anticipate everything I might want to use can be daunting. I have learned that as specific needs arise, I research the Mepis manuals, wiki, forums and community to find what I need and install the necessary packages and apps. In many forums on the internet, help and advice is given to amateurs by amateurs or the blind leading the blind. In the Mepis documentation and those giving advise and help there are seasoned experts that give solid, sound, to-the-point help that gets problems solved in short order. There are very few false leads. Many don't realize the power of Mepis and its community. hermie

That's my 'secret recipe' also.
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

realitykid
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

#3 Postby realitykid » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:44 pm

I too enjoy this forum. The community here is extremely helpful and very tolarant. I'm glad to be apart of this wonderful community and myself hope to be able to give some good advice to the next generation of new commers in time. ;)
Desktop (32bit):
SimplyMEPIS 8.5
P4 2.4GHz (or 1.2GHz running with hyper-threading) - 1gb DDR-Ram - 40GB IDE HDD x2
Crappy Old Video Card from the 90s!

Laptop (64bit):
Linux Mint 10
Intel Core i3 M 350 2.27GHz (dual core and hyper-threading) - 4GB DDR 3 RAM - 320GB HDD

Return to “Testimonials”