Root Actions context menu in Dolphin

Help on all MX Re-spins
uncle mark

Root Actions context menu in Dolphin

#1 Post by uncle mark »

New install of MX 14.4 with KDE. One of the last things I'd like to do is get the Root Actions context menu working in Dolphin. I fought this before on an install I was doing a few weeks back and never did get it dealt with.

I'm talking about the Root Actions Servicemenu by 'kubicle'. Yes, ruby is installed. It says it can't put the .py file where it's supposed to be and I'm sposed to move it or link it. No matter what I try, it doesn't work. The entries show up in the Dolphin RC menu, but always error with a "not able to find" message or some such.

I'm sure this is some simple PEBKAC error, but I'll be damned if I can figure out what it is.

Otherwise, now that I've got Firefox looking like Firefox and Thunderbird beaten into submission, this install rocks.
Custom build Asus/AMD/nVidia circa 2011 -- MX 19.2 KDE
Acer Aspire 5250 -- MX 21 KDE
Toshiba Satellite C55 -- MX 18.3 Xfce
Assorted Junk -- assorted Linuxes

joany

Re: Root Actions context menu in Dolphin

#2 Post by joany »

Kubicle posted this requirement:
The menu needs a properly configured kdesu/kdesudo to work (kdesudo is preferred, for some added functionality, like remembering password for a period of time...timeout is configurable by sudo settings)
I don't know if it's pertinent or not.
MX-14; 3.12-0.bpo.1-686-pae kernel using 4GB RAM
2.4GHz AMD Athlon 4600+
NVidia GeForce 6150 LE; 304.121 Display Driver
You didn't slow down because you're old; you're old because you slowed down.

lucky9

#3 Post by lucky9 »

logout and then login afterwards.
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

kmathern
Developer

#4 Post by kmathern »

joany wrote:Kubicle posted this requirement:
The menu needs a properly configured kdesu/kdesudo to work (kdesudo is preferred, for some added functionality, like remembering password for a period of time...timeout is configurable by sudo settings)
I don't know if it's pertinent or not.
I just added KDE4 on my MX-14 install, most of the 'Root Actions' seem to work after I created a kdesu symlink:

Code: Select all

ln -sf /usr/lib/kde4/libexec/kdesu /usr/bin/kdesu
One of the root actions that doesn't seem to work though is the 'Open as Text' action, the 'Open with ...' action does work if I type in 'kwrite' where it asks for the appname.

edit: using Stevo's 2.7.3-0mcr120+1 version kde-servicemenu-rootactions package

Stevo
Developer

#5 Post by Stevo »

Try uninstalling leafpad.

Return to “MX Respins”