Here's a tutorial to check if you installed it correctly; https://pouchdb.com/guides/setup-couchdb.htmlApache CouchDB 1.6.0 Release Notes
* :issue:`2200`: support Erlang/OTP 17.0 :commit:`35e16032`
* Fauxton: many improvements in our experimental new user interface, including
switching the code editor from CodeMirror to Ace as well as better support
for various browsers.
* Add the ``max_count`` option (:ref:`config/uuids`) to allow rate-limiting
the amount of UUIDs that can be requested from the :ref:`api/server/uuids`
handler in a single request (:ref:`CVE 2014-2668 <cve/2014-2668>`).
* :issue:`1986`: increase socket buffer size to improve replication speed
for large documents and attachments, and fix tests on BSD-like systems.
* :issue:`1953`: improve performance of multipart/related requests.
* :issue:`2221`: verify that authentication-related configuration settings
are well-formed. :commit:`dbe769c6`
* :issue:`1922`: fix CORS exposed headers. :commit:`4f619833`
* :issue:`1795`: ensure the startup script clears the pid file on termination.
* :issue:`1962`: replication can now be performed without having write access
to the source database (:commit:`1d5fe2aa`), the replication checkpoint
interval is now configurable (:commit:`0693f98e`).
* :issue:`2025`: add support for SOCKS5 proxies for replication.
* :issue:`1930`: redirect to the correct page after submitting a new document
with a different ID than the one suggested by Futon. :commit:`4906b591`
* :issue:`1923`: add support for `attachments` and `att_encoding_info` options
(formerly only available on the documents API) to the view API.
* :issue:`1780`: upgrade password hashes from SHA-1 to PBKDF2 scheme on
successful authentication. :commit:`34888938`
* :issue:`2059`: allow run-time configuration of maximum URL length.
* :issue:`2054`: accept gzipped JSON request bodies. :commit:`4d893387`
* Rename ``proxy_authentification_handler`` to ``proxy_authentication_handler``.
* :issue:`1647`: for failed replications originating from a document in the
`_replicator` database, store the failure reason in the document.
* :issue:`2053`: send better error messages when both `key` and `keys`
parameters are specified in view requests. :commit:`2bc07840`
* :issue:`2040`: send better error messages when incorrect checksums
are encountered during compaction. :commit:`e7fdc16a`
* :issue:`2028`: allow intermedia certificates when using SSL/TLS.
* :issue:`2031`: fix rewriting of paths with query string parameters.
* Numerous improvements to the documentation.
Let us know how it plays!