Partition Corrupted

Report Bugs, Issues and non- package Requests
Akene

Partition Corrupted

#1 Post by Akene »

Hello,

I usually use MX in live system with persistence and remastering.
I encounter many times corruption on my drives without understanding what happened. By corruption I mean the partition will not be readable again, I need to use testdisk to restore the partitions.
Here some examples :

-my usb-live system on a key or a HDD drive gets corrupted after an update of the root persistence (maybe sometimes without update).
-my usb HDD gets corrupted after connected to MX sessions (no more explanation ...). SD card too.
-an other time when partitioning a HDD, and finally I just can use it like a paperweight for now, but well, this time this is probably my fault.

So it can happen to the live system and to the data disk attached, and many times for two years, with different computers, I never encounter this in others distributions. I am not sure than it is specific to live-system : I don't use personally MX other way.

I remember an obscure message when trying to mount the corrupted disk, referring to Windows tools (?!) for restoring the partition. If it happens again, i will post it.

I think this is very compromising for most peoples; they will not know testdisk and just think MX destroys their disks. At least changing the helping message with a mention to testdisk or other softwares may help them.
They buried us,
They ignore our breeds,
Gloomy gus,
Because we are seeds.

Return to “Bugs and Non-Package Requests Forum”