ksnip 1.6 from test repo does not run [SOLVED]

Report Bugs, Issues and non- package Requests
chrispop99
Global Moderator

Re: ksnip 1.6 from test repo does not run

#11 Post by chrispop99 »

penguin wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:23 pm
chrispop99 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:03 pm It runs fine here on a mature install.

Chris
Sorry Chris, because I am not native speaker. What means mature install ?
My apologies; your English is so good, I didn't realise it was not your native language.

'Mature' in general means old, or well-established.

I used the term to mean an install that had been done some time ago, so the opposite of a new install. I included that information because sometimes it is helpful in finding a problem. I hope you understand, but ask again if not.

Chris
MX Facebook Group Administrator.
Home-built desktop - Core i5 9400, 970 EVO Plus, 8GB
DELL XPS 15
Lots of test machines

penguin

Re: ksnip 1.6 from test repo does not run [SOLVED]

#12 Post by penguin »

Stevo wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:01 pm Yes, since the build process did not automatically add the dependency for the newer library version, the packager can manually add it to the "Depends:" field in debian/control, then rebuild. They can update the "Qt 4.8" part in the description, too, that's another minor bug.
l
Ksnip is a Qt 4.8 based Linux screenshot tool inspired by the
Windows Snipping Tool.
Hi @Stevo.

I would ask some suggestions of MX > Package Installer .

1- Create a new tab and please list there repos for all MX Linux version. I know that they are in the MX Linux web portal , but maybe many others not.
Lets say ...
MX 18 ( stable repo and test repo > weblink )
MX 17 ...etc. (web link)

2- Because some times one can have this kind of problem (similar to ksnip) . If it is possible to add some buttons (like Synaptic ), so one can find easily information about dependences, files that will be installed etc. of the package that he want to install as test ? If this is not possible just show the link where this package is located.

That's for the moment.

Stevo
Developer

Re: ksnip 1.6 from test repo does not run [SOLVED]

#13 Post by Stevo »

There are no separate MX 18 repositories, everything built on a Stretch base is versioned as mx17, with the exception of native MX packages which are usually versioned by the date.

Most of those extras can already be done in Synaptic, so I don't know if the MXPI developer wants to duplicate what it does or what "apt show ksnip" can, for example. I'm not the programmer.

Return to “Bugs and Non-Package Requests Forum”