Custom linux kernel

Report Bugs, Issues and non- package Requests
galaxysurfer

Custom linux kernel

#1 Post by galaxysurfer »

I know I have asked this before but there was no reply, so I will ask again in another way. I would like a linux kernel header & image version that incorporates https://launchpad.net/~b-rad/+archive/u ... +hauppauge

Please let me know if you are willing to repackage this for me? I know it is a running beta so it could go in the test repo. The newer cards impacted are now supported in Plexpass for their tv dvr version. I have it running in Linux mint but prefer to use Mx Linux. It wont work as a vm due to the specific drivers & adjustments not passed on & visible. That would save me the need for multiboooting. I don't have a dedicated mediaserver like alot of the hardcore users.

Stevo
Developer

Re: Custom linux kernel

#2 Post by Stevo »

I've heard from others that Ubuntu kernels will run on MX, so have you tried installing from the PPA?

There's also the option of rebuilding them on the Open SUSE Service, though you have to add linux-libc-dev to the build-depends for kernel builds there.

galaxysurfer

Re: Custom linux kernel SOLVED

#3 Post by galaxysurfer »

Okay am using 4.19.0-1-amd64 default kernel & hauppage firmware/drivers seems to work now when tested with kaffeine. Seems that mediatree mods are trickling into mainline kernels now. Now on to part 2 of this saga to get Sagetv running in mxlinux. That is tricky since it is dependent on systemd it seems. Not sure how to address that without booting into systemd, which i dont want to do at all.

Return to “Bugs and Non-Package Requests Forum”