Virtualbox v 6 Series

Report Bugs, Issues and non- package Requests
dphn

Re: Virtualbox v 6 Series

#11 Post by dphn »

antiX-core.iso in VB 6.0.2 didn't start. On VB 5.22 there is no problem. I think there are a lot of bugs in VB 6 at the time. Still using 5.22 so far.
for those with an eye for the finer details...

anticapitalista
Developer

#12 Post by anticapitalista »

dphn wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:00 am antiX-core.iso in VB 6.0.2 didn't start. On VB 5.22 there is no problem. I think there are a lot of bugs in VB 6 at the time. Still using 5.22 so far.
It works fine for me on antiX-17 (stretch) and VB 6.0.4 r128413 (Qt5.7.1)
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

dphn

#13 Post by dphn »

Oh, there is a new bugfix release. (6.0.4) I've tried it last week with the 6.0.2 and your core iso.
for those with an eye for the finer details...

Stevo
Developer

#14 Post by Stevo »

Do the packages from Oracle have the same problem with the main GUI window not following any dark GTK theming as I see with the MX backported 6.X packages? The menus and subwindows do seem to follow the theming, so those have visible text at least, so the 6.X version is usable. 5.2.24's GUI does follow it nicely.

Here's what the MX 6.0.4 version looks like with the Obsidian2 theme, click on the thumbnail to see the gif:

asqwerth
Developer

#15 Post by asqwerth »

The theming issue also happened in manjaro.

Although I think the most recent vb6 update did improve this issue slightly.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

Stevo
Developer

#16 Post by Stevo »

Well, that's not good, since Manjaro has a much newer Qt 5 than MX. I wonder if it's related to that fancy ripple-shimmer they added when the mouse crosses over a button. As you can see, the rest of the application conforms to the theming, it's just the main GUI that has the issue.

figueroa

#17 Post by figueroa »

Gentoo stable is also at version 5.22. There is a reason (instability) why stable distros don't jump onto the newest release of an upstream package.
Andy Figueroa
Using Unix from 1984; GNU/Linux from 1993

asqwerth
Developer

#18 Post by asqwerth »

Stevo wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:23 pm Well, that's not good, since Manjaro has a much newer Qt 5 than MX. I wonder if it's related to that fancy ripple-shimmer they added when the mouse crosses over a button. As you can see, the rest of the application conforms to the theming, it's just the main GUI that has the issue.
OK, I think it was another Arch-based distro, not Manjaro (since Manjaro issues updates in batches and not as and when they pop up).

The most recent updates in the former distro removes the shimmer ripple effect from the VB main window. I think the text for each virtual machine entry has also reverted to black so it can be read even without mousing over the entry. Still a bit weird looking, but better.
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)

Stevo
Developer

#19 Post by Stevo »

asqwerth wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:48 am
Stevo wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:23 pm Well, that's not good, since Manjaro has a much newer Qt 5 than MX. I wonder if it's related to that fancy ripple-shimmer they added when the mouse crosses over a button. As you can see, the rest of the application conforms to the theming, it's just the main GUI that has the issue.
OK, I think it was another Arch-based distro, not Manjaro (since Manjaro issues updates in batches and not as and when they pop up).

The most recent updates in the former distro removes the shimmer ripple effect from the VB main window. I think the text for each virtual machine entry has also reverted to black so it can be read even without mousing over the entry. Still a bit weird looking, but better.
If you let me know what distro that was, maybe I can copy whatever changes they made to the build to fix the GUI.

asqwerth
Developer

#20 Post by asqwerth »

It's just the Arch upstream update of VB, since the distro just used arch repos.

It was an easy way for me to install a preconfigured image of arch without building the install from scratch, which I wasn't gonna do.

The Devs stopped work on their distro a year ago so I disabled their small repo and it's just plain Arch now.

Return to “Bugs and Non-Package Requests Forum”