Keyboard layout / MX-18 Continuum

Report Bugs, Issues and non- package Requests
mx17jpa42

Keyboard layout / MX-18 Continuum

#1 Post by mx17jpa42 »

1. In the MX-18 Continuum Operating system can someone add the Keyboard layout option: 'French (Switzerland)' ? This would fit under: Whisker Menu > Settings > Keyboard > Layout > Add > French (Switzerland).
2. I believe the author of the Settings' Keyboard is Anatoly Asviyan <anatoly@users.sf.net>. Did not manage to get a reply from him.
TKS for help. JP

dolphin_oracle
Developer

Re: Keyboard layout / MX-18 Continuum

#2 Post by dolphin_oracle »

mx17jpa42 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:32 pm 1. In the MX-18 Continuum Operating system can someone add the Keyboard layout option: 'French (Switzerland)' ? This would fit under: Whisker Menu > Settings > Keyboard > Layout > Add > French (Switzerland).
2. I believe the author of the Settings' Keyboard is Anatoly Asviyan <anatoly@users.sf.net>. Did not manage to get a reply from him.
TKS for help. JP
Is this keyboard layout the same as "German (Switzerland) - French (Switzerland).

I see some bug reports and I do see confusion involved. Apparently long-standing confusion.

In general the keyboard layout designations are not controlled by the packagers of the various settings tool, but by an upstream package of keyboard configurations and layouts. Kinda like how locales are handled, there are standards packaged up for other utilities to use.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

fehlix
Developer

#3 Post by fehlix »

mx17jpa42 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:32 pm ... add the Keyboard layout option: 'French (Switzerland)' ?
The keyboard 'French (Switzerland)' is available under
German (Switzlerand)
-> variant : French (Switzlerand)
Allemand (Suisse)
-> variante : Français (Suisse)
see attached screen dump:
Allemand_Suisse_Francais.png
:puppy:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

mx17jpa42

#4 Post by mx17jpa42 »

Dear fehlix,

Thanks for the tip ! Great ! I have been after this 'German / Frecnh (Switzerland keyboard for five weeks now. Knowing that it SHOULD SHOW somewhere, I finally got to the idea of hitting the little triangle in front of the German (Switzerland) option. Woooahooo !!! éèà have come to life on my side. TKS. JP

fehlix
Developer

#5 Post by fehlix »

mx17jpa42 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:50 am I have been after this 'German / Frecnh (Switzerland keyboard ...
An alternative approach would be to select at system "log in" the keyboard layout/variant
from the upper right corner of the log-in screen.
The selected keyboard will "overlay" the current default system-keyboard.
Log-In-keyboard_ch_fr_Lang_fr_Ch-2.png
Note that is a very long keyboard-list:
Log-In-select-keyboard_ch_fr.jpg
You can also enable the onscreen-keyboard display to verify the selected layout:
Log-In-keyboard_ch_fr_Lang_fr_Ch.jpg
:puppy:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

Return to “Bugs and Non-Package Requests Forum”