Suggestion - MX Setup

Report Bugs, Issues and non- package Requests
Artim

Re: Suggestion - MX Setup

#21 Post by Artim »

Still scared of technology, I'm not much into CLI either. But, I have discovered it's amazing power to do some things really fast and really quick! It's an awesome "secret weapon!" In the right hands, that is. But, being a technophobe, I only use it when I have to.

That being said, though...

There's already so many supercool setup tools in MX, I don't know how it could be made simpler by making a whole 'nother one, or by combining them all into one super-setup tool. And far be it from a technophobe to say, "read the freakin' manual," even so: Use the excellent, superb, awesome, manual for cry'n out loud. Sorry, jus' say'n.

duane

#22 Post by duane »

So most people wouldn't want to change MX and some of us use the command line sparingly.
I agree.
The terminal is our friend when we need to find out the cause of a problem.
It is human nature to approach it with some trepidation at first.
Lenovo M92p Quad Core i5 3470 3.2Ghz

manyroads

#23 Post by manyroads »

I don't know how it could be made simpler by making a whole 'nother one, or by combining them all into one super-setup tool.
The challenge with all such things is that "what is simple for one, may be ..."

Here is an interesting take on the topic: https://www.infoq.com/presentations/Simple-Made-Easy

And of course there is always Einstein's quote: "Everything should be a simple as possible, but no simpler."

https://championingscience.com/2013/11/ ... o-simpler/

Happy Boxing Day!
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

Buck Fankers

#24 Post by Buck Fankers »

Mauser wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:08 am ...that still can't make sense of the Gibberish of the command line which I first experienced back in 1982 and still doesn't make sense in 2018. Not lazy as I worked so hard that I became crippled from it...
OT
I just noticed your username icon. I like it ;-)

Mauser

#25 Post by Mauser »

Buck Fankers wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:46 am
Mauser wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:08 am ...that still can't make sense of the Gibberish of the command line which I first experienced back in 1982 and still doesn't make sense in 2018. Not lazy as I worked so hard that I became crippled from it...
OT
I just noticed your username icon. I like it ;-)
Thanks.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

Return to “Bugs and Non-Package Requests Forum”