Welcome!
Forum users

Current releases
--MX-23 release info here
--Migration information to MX-23 here
--antiX-23.1 (Arditi del Popolo) release info here

Important information
--If in starting your system it boots to an unwanted Desktop, right click desktop, then select leave and logout. At the
login screen there is a session chooser at the top of the screen.

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- New Forum Features, Marking Solved and Referencing a User: here

Various issues w/ latest MX, mainly conky

Report Bugs, Issues and non- package Requests
Guido

Various issues w/ latest MX, mainly conky

#1 Post by Guido »

I'm running a Lenovo laptop with docking station & external monitor. MX17 clean install, just added the latest upgrade.

I had one unusual thing after the upgrade, my mouse cursor became huge, and I couldn't shrink the size. However, after opening MX Tweaks, it decided to become a normal size again. I didn't even do anything in MX Tweaks, just opened it.

The conkies I've installed via MX are giving me trouble. When I launch the Conky Manager on my main screen (external monitor), it starts putting them on the secondary screen. Frequently, the conkies fail to install or display when I have the external monitor attached. No problem with just the laptop monitor. I'm also getting migration of MX-emays, but not the other conky. MX-emays gets moved to a new position with the Alt-click drag, but it will occasionally just reset to the original install position (top right). If I have a single monitor (even the external by shutting down the laptop screen), I get pretty good conky behavior, except for MX-emays.

The dual monitors are causing other problems: I have a very limited background choice on monitor 1 (secondary monitor, laptop). It looks like someone hard-coded a specific subdirectory that only contains the XFCE mouse default backgrounds. Not sure why that is. Monitor 0 works great. I see all the backgrounds. Is this an XFCE problem?

When I try to boot the machine while in the dock and the external monitor configured, the boot process pauses for 10-20 seconds after a few TPM errors before recovering. However, take the laptop out of the docking station, and the boot time is fast, no delay. NO idea what to make of this.

Return to “Bugs and Non-Package Requests Forum”