Welcome!
Forum users

Current releases
--MX-23 release info here
--Migration information to MX-23 here
--antiX-23.1 (Arditi del Popolo) release info here

Important information
--If in starting your system it boots to an unwanted Desktop, right click desktop, then select leave and logout. At the
login screen there is a session chooser at the top of the screen.

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- New Forum Features, Marking Solved and Referencing a User: here

ACPI error messages when booting

Report Bugs, Issues and non- package Requests
HsB52

ACPI error messages when booting

#1 Post by HsB52 »

MX-17 Horizon
4.15.0-1-amd64
XFCE 4
Intel i7 3770 cpu
Gigabyte B75M-D3V Motherboard
8GB DDR3 1333

Hi for the last week or so I've started to get error messages when I boot. The computer takes about 15 seconds longer to boot but it always starts and then works fine. I've tried searching for an answer and it often mentions changes in the BIOS. I have the same BIOS version as I've had for over 3 years and there are no newer ones available. I've managed to copy some of the screen image, I don't know how to capture it all. The errors are about 12 lines long and are all a variation of what I've shown below.

AE_NOT_FOUND (20170831/psparse-550)
1.174169] ACPI Error: [DSSP] Namespace lookup failure
1/psargs-364)
1.174218] ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed

It's not a big deal just annoying and I wonder if anyone can help me sort this out if possible. Not sure if this is the right place in the forum to post this.

Stevo
Developer

Re: ACPI error messages when booting

#2 Post by Stevo »

Sometimes those are just impossible to get rid of. :frown: Sometimes you can tell the system to use ACPI like a version of Windows, but if it doesn't hurt anything, maybe you could just hide it behind a boot splash screen or lessen their verbosity, using MX Boot option.

Or sometimes they are specific to a kernel version, so you could try the stock Debian 4.9 kernel, or one of the newer options from the Package Installer.

HsB52

Re: ACPI error messages when booting

#3 Post by HsB52 »

Thanks for the reply. I've been using MX for a couple of years now and I really like it. I'm sure this happened after I applied updates so I hope it will get resolved with a future update. It sucks but I can live with it. Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Return to “Bugs and Non-Package Requests Forum”