Unable to play YouTube videos

Report Bugs, Issues and non- package Requests
technwarnersprings

Unable to play YouTube videos

#1 Post by technwarnersprings »

I was playing a YouTube Podcast and it froze mid way through the video. I started a new session and I received a message "This video file cannot be played.
(Error Code: 224003)". I uninstalled and reinstalled Chromium and the problem still persists. I tried playing several other videos with the same results.

I moved to my 2nd MX-17 machine and it presents with the same error code. I then opened my Virtual Machine with MX-17 and again the problem appeared. I rolled back to the original install and the videos play fine. All 3 operating systems play fine on Firefox. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

All the Best!
technsandiego

Mauser

Re: Unable to play YouTube videos

#2 Post by Mauser »

That's strange. I just tried playing a YouTube video using Chromium and it worked fine. I recommend clicking on Quick System Info in the Whisker menu and post the results to help aid solving the problem you are experiencing.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

Stevo
Developer

#3 Post by Stevo »

How about in non-browser Youtube players like mpv, SMTube, or QMPlay2?

technwarnersprings

#4 Post by technwarnersprings »

Chromium was ruled out when it worked fine on a fresh install from my VM.

vamsi

#5 Post by vamsi »

how about google chrome ?

j2mcgreg
Global Moderator

#6 Post by j2mcgreg »

What podcast was it?

Stevo
Developer

#7 Post by Stevo »

Maybe it's your ISP testing your new "freedom from Net neutrality" feature? :p

technwarnersprings

#8 Post by technwarnersprings »

SOLVED!!! I performed a Timeshift restore from a snapshot just before Google upgraded Chromium to Version 67.0.3396.87 and viola it worked! I performed an upgrade, which included Chromium 67, and it broke again. So... My conclusion is there is something amiss with the browser and not the O/S. Thank God I had Timeshift installed!

Stevo
Developer

#9 Post by Stevo »

technwarnersprings wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:28 pm SOLVED!!! I performed a Timeshift restore from a snapshot just before Google upgraded Chromium to Version 67.0.3396.87 and viola it worked! I performed an upgrade, which included Chromium 67, and it broke again. So... My conclusion is there is something amiss with the browser and not the O/S. Thank God I had Timeshift installed!
also reported for Chromium 67 on Bunsen Labs: https://forums.bunsenlabs.org/viewtopic.php?id=5023

So it looks like the packager may have forgotten to enable something...or if you're using external codecs to get mp4 and the like in that browser, maybe those need to be upgraded. I'm sure we'll see a lot more complaints in the near future.

Return to “Bugs and Non-Package Requests Forum”