Welcome!
Forum users

Current releases
--MX-23 release info here
--Migration information to MX-23 here
--antiX-23.1 (Arditi del Popolo) release info here

Important information
--If in starting your system it boots to an unwanted Desktop, right click desktop, then select leave and logout. At the
login screen there is a session chooser at the top of the screen.

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- New Forum Features, Marking Solved and Referencing a User: here

Problem with kolourpaint paint program

Report Bugs, Issues and non- package Requests
pvhramani

Problem with kolourpaint paint program

#1 Post by pvhramani »

I have MX 17.1 Horizon ODS installed. My Graphics/Paint program, KOLOURPAINT does not function in that I am unable to "save" any work. I get "error" message: "Could not start Process. Cannot talk to klauncher. The name org.kde.klaincher5 was not provided by any .service files"

Please help... Thank you

LnoyBoy

Re: Problem with kolourpaint paint program

#2 Post by LnoyBoy »

Never had a problem with Kolourpaint.

Did you install with synaptic??

You could try removing and re-installing.

Hope this helps.

Stevo
Developer

#3 Post by Stevo »

The error message seems to indicate that it's looking for some other KDE component. Perhaps reinstalling it with the "--install-recommends" flag will fix that, though that might pull in a lot of packages. It works on my system on XFCE, though I also have the KDE desktop installed.

penguin

#4 Post by penguin »

Also never have a problem with Kolurpaint on MX Linux 32&44, Sparky Linux32&64,ARCH Linux 64 bit.

Have you make e search on google before posting on forum? See the follow:

pvhramani

#5 Post by pvhramani »

Hello friends... penguin, stevo, Lnoy Boy... thanks a lot for taking time to look at my problem and suggest remedial measure

I had installed the program using synaptic. I removed and re-installed. The same problem of a message - as per what I had posted in my original - did crop up again. However, I clicked on "ok" and continued to "save"... Wow... it worked. Only thing is: I am forced to pass through this ":trouble" of an "error" message cropping up each time I try to "save" ... and yet I am able to save by following the earlier mentioned procedure

Thanks again... Best wishes
pvhramani

penguin

#6 Post by penguin »

Search for org.kde.klauncher5 on google.

Code: Select all

https://www.google.no/search?client=opera&hs=vJu&ei=IhY2W_HKC8ybsgGsq7-ICA&q=org.kde.klauncher5&oq=org.kde.klauncher5&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i10i30k1l3.6599.6923.0.7230.2.2.0.0.0.0.108.178.1j1.2.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.1.107....0.FL_rdVvnBdU
There are some very good advices.

Someone recommended:
Try to close the kde applications (if possible) and to remove the cache
/var/tmp/kdecache-* /var/tmp/kdecache-kdm
start again your applications.
P.S.
First, make sure that You have updated MX Linux.

Gerson

#7 Post by Gerson »

Google traductor:
It happens to me the same as what @pvhramani says; although I do the same to continue, it is annoying that this warning always comes out.
If I install the KDE desktop the problem disappears but I can not mute the beep every time I save something, it also generates a problem with the sound slider that whenever I log in to XFCE it is 100%, so before I close it I leave it in 20%

Español
Me sucede igual a lo que comenta @pvhramani; aunque hago lo mismo de continuar, es molesto que salga siempre esa advertencia.
Si instalo el escritorio KDE desaparece el problema pero no puedo silenciar el pitido cada vez que guardo algo, además me genera problema con el deslizador de sonido que siempre que inicio sesión en XFCE está al 100% así yo antes de cerrar lo deje en 20%
No todos ignoramos las mismas cosas. :confused:

Gerson

#8 Post by Gerson »

Just today I discovered that installing Dolphin from the terminal only, many problems are solved. It is not necessary to install the entire KDE desktop.
$ sudo apt install dolphin

LnoyBoy

#9 Post by LnoyBoy »

I would first install kinit.

It solves a lot of the 'save' problem, I'm not sure yet if it solves all of it.

Hope this helps someone.

Gerson

#10 Post by Gerson »

@LnoyBoy
So far all the applications that I installed from KDE work without problem after having installed Dolphin although I do not use it, I continue with Thunar that is lighter and practical, I do not know if kinit would have solved the same thing before placing Dolphin, I think So far no one has tried it so I hope someone will do it and tell their experience.

Return to “Bugs and Non-Package Requests Forum”