Welcome!
Forum users

Current releases
--MX-23 release info here
--Migration information to MX-23 here
--antiX-23.1 (Arditi del Popolo) release info here

Important information
--If in starting your system it boots to an unwanted Desktop, right click desktop, then select leave and logout. At the
login screen there is a session chooser at the top of the screen.

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- New Forum Features, Marking Solved and Referencing a User: here

Quick feedback.

Report Bugs, Issues and non- package Requests
Stevo
Developer

Re: Quick feedback.

#11 Post by Stevo »

Yes, that's the 5.2.6 version we ship the 17.1 ISO with. We needed a newer version for the 4.15 kernel. As far as I know, we use module-assistant and virtualbox-guest-source to build the virtualbox-guest-modules drivers and install them on the ISO so you get that nice integration as a guest out of the box.

I'll take a look at that axiomd theme...except if it's seven years old, I have to wonder about GTK 3 support.

I also forgot that xfce comes with default-hdpi and default-xdpi themes built in; have you checked those out?

sunrat

#12 Post by sunrat »

It helps to install the same version of guest additions on the guest as the version of VBox on the host. I can't say if this is always essential but I have had issues in the past, recently with an MX-17 guest running in VBox on siduction.

asqwerth
Developer

#13 Post by asqwerth »

And there should be no reason for your VB version to be an Ubuntu version surely.

You can open MX package installer and install VB from popular apps tab.

[ADDED: Oops, I think I misunderstood your earlier post, ie that you're running MX as VM on another distro as host.]
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

asdasd

#14 Post by asdasd »

Hey, in the end I found a xfwm4-themes package, which contained Cruxish theme, which is okay too. Given it is in official repos, I presume its quality (regarding GTK3 support etc.) is good.

I wrote some scripts that change settings that irked me - https://github.com/akrasuski1/mx-config, as I like automating stuff :) Anyone having similar taste is free to use it.

rich

#15 Post by rich »

asdasd wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 5:50 pm Hey, in the end I found a xfwm4-themes package, which contained Cruxish theme, which is okay too. Given it is in official repos, I presume its quality (regarding GTK3 support etc.) is good.

I wrote some scripts that change settings that irked me - https://github.com/akrasuski1/mx-config, as I like automating stuff :) Anyone having similar taste is free to use it.
Nice! Very concise. I gotta do something like this. Another one you might like for terminalrc is
MiscSlimTabs=TRUE. Makes those fat tabs a little slimmer...

asdasd

#16 Post by asdasd »

Looks like a good one too (should be default...), but too keep the scripts slim, I probably won't add it. I don't usually use tabs in terminals anyway, just making tens of terminals if needed ;)

Return to “Bugs and Non-Package Requests Forum”