[MX17] SMPlayer & accented characters

Report Bugs, Issues and non- package Requests
k_sz

Re: SMPlayer & accented characters

#11 Post by k_sz »

Oh i see - i've been figuring a [CTRL+select deb1+2+3]>right-click menu>[install all]>sudo/gksu/gnome-keyring>*plop-magic-install*.

Time to enjoy my pillow. Readya tomorrow o/
> Desktop : AMD 64 bits (unknowned monocore model :P looking for an AM2+ 4cores Phenom) | RAM 4Go DDR2 | MX@daily updates, sudo apt dist-upgrade
> Laptop x2 : WIP obsolescence and "old" batteries prices have killed my project

k_sz

Re: SMPlayer & accented characters

#12 Post by k_sz »

Stevo wrote:That's nice, but I really want 18.2.2 to be working. :frown:
How could i help ? What are the command ouputs i should add to my report to help the devs ?
> Desktop : AMD 64 bits (unknowned monocore model :P looking for an AM2+ 4cores Phenom) | RAM 4Go DDR2 | MX@daily updates, sudo apt dist-upgrade
> Laptop x2 : WIP obsolescence and "old" batteries prices have killed my project

Stevo
Developer

Re: [MX17] SMPlayer & accented characters

#13 Post by Stevo »

Confirm that the problem comes back on 18.2.2, then test to see if it still occurs with the SMPlayer 18.2.2 from the developer's repository: https://software.opensuse.org//download ... e=smplayer

If his doesn't have the same problem, I'll have to try and find out what's the difference for his build. If it does, we need to open up a bug thread on his smplayer support forum.

k_sz

#14 Post by k_sz »

Stevo wrote:Confirm that the problem comes back on 18.2.2, then test to see if it still occurs with the SMPlayer 18.2.2 from the developer's repository: https://software.opensuse.org//download ... e=smplayer

If his doesn't have the same problem, I'll have to try and find out what's the difference for his build. If it does, we need to open up a bug thread on his smplayer support forum.
I just installed and runned this version of smplayer : no problem. But i've runned apt search smplayer and part of the output is :

Code: Select all

smplayer/mx 18.2.2-0.1~mx17+1 amd64 [configuration restante]
and it seems that even using apt remove --purge smplayer* it stays. [strike]I suppose that this residual configuration has been in conflict with the updated 18.2.0 version.[/strike]
  • I've removed --purge SMtube, just in case of, and rm -R every folder or file named smplayer* (except icons, of course :))
  • I've installed OpenSuse .deb version : accented chars are recognized and therefor no problem with browsing.
  • Now :removing OpenSuse's version and testing smplayer_amd64_18.2.2-0.1~mx17+1 :
    No problem (but OpenSuse version includes locale and the interface was directly translated in my locale) .
  • OK, let's test smplayer-l10n (18.2.2-0.1~mx17+1) : no problem either.
  • Let's add smplayer-themes /!\the version is 16.8.0-1/!\

Code: Select all

# apt install smplayer-themes 
    *snip*
    *****Préparation du dépaquetage de .../smplayer-themes_1%3a16.8.0-1_all.deb ...*****
    *****Dépaquetage de smplayer-themes (1:16.8.0-1) ...*****
    Paramétrage de smplayer-themes (1:16.8.0-1) ...

I tried a few themes, then choosed gtk2 : no problem so far, even after restarting the program
    (lol i fear "%" in package names during installation)
  • Let's add smplayer-skins (2:15.2.0-1mx17+1) : no problem.
So... smplayer 18.2.2 from MX 17 repo is installed and operational. No problem while adding a file or a folder, from the "Open" menu (menubar) or through the Playlist window.

The mystery of the [???] bug origins remains. I think that purging and [deleting everything] may have helped - i'm a bit sad that i have to reconfigure all the little details which matter so much, like subtitles font, etc. and i don't wan't to mess the new installation with my old backups.

Stevo
Developer

#15 Post by Stevo »

Perhaps it is because we and Debian cut out the locale files into a separate l10n package, but the developer leaves those in the main smplayer deb. Maybe I'll make them a hard dependency so they install for everyone. Those versions of the theme and skin packages are also the latest--they don't get updated as often, but they still work.

k_sz

#16 Post by k_sz »

I wonder how i could replicate the bug.

Return to “Bugs and Non-Package Requests Forum”