"man init" reports MX init is systemd? [SOLVED]

Report Bugs, Issues and non- package Requests
timkb4cq
Developer

Re: "man init" reports that MX init is systemd?

#21 Post by timkb4cq »

How about calling mandb from cron with the -s (--no-straycats) switch?
HP Pavillion TP01, AMD Ryzen 3 5300G (quad core), Crucial 500GB SSD, Toshiba 6TB 7200rpm
Dell Inspiron 15, AMD Ryzen 7 2700u (quad core). Sabrent 500GB nvme, Seagate 1TB

Old Giza

#22 Post by Old Giza »

If you add a symlink in /usr/share/man/man1 for init.1.gz > /usr/share/man/man8/init.8.gz, then man init gets what you want without even doing a rebuild using mandb. (And you can still do man systemd of course). I'm on MX16, maybe somebody could verify this for MX17.

You can't just use init as the symlink because mandb -t complains of a bogus filename because the filename number does not correspond to the manpage section number.

BitJam
Developer

#23 Post by BitJam »

Both of those ideas sound good to me! Solving it with a single symlink seems like the least disruptive approach. I wonder what package it should go into? I've been busy elsewhere today.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself -- and you are the easiest person to fool."

-- Richard Feynman

dolphin_oracle
Developer

#24 Post by dolphin_oracle »

BitJam wrote:Both of those ideas sound good to me! Solving it with a single symlink seems like the least disruptive approach. I wonder what package it should go into? I've been busy elsewhere today.
we've got an odd-ball package for that stuff, mx-system, that is handy for stuff like this. I'll add it there.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

Return to “Bugs and Non-Package Requests Forum”