[Done] Help with translation

For suggestions, procedures and requests for translations of documentation and apps to languages other than English.
Zeh

Re: [Done] Help with translation

#11 Post by Zeh »

@ D_O
Thanks for the additional info. I believe I’ve got the idea and made the adequate translation.

@ fehlix
Thanks for your interest and for trying to be helpful, in the excellent spirit of this forum.
I’m just a plain user of computers, using them for the bare basics: web surfing, office work, and some music and video playing (the latter mostly through youtube). Besides, I use two old computers (Pentium M, 2 GB RAM, originally with Windows Vista). Fortunately, not because I can’t afford a new computer, rather just because when I was about to buy a new one I’ve “discovered” linux, MX and then antiX.
With MX and antiX my computers do everything I need them to do, so buying new computer(s) wouldn’t give me anything that I don’t already have user-wise, would just mean two more pieces of junk conspurcating the environment. Because I’ve never felt the need and because of my computers reduced RAM I’ve never thought of installing any virtual machines app. And I’ve never booted directly from an ISO either.
Despite all this, I try to translate the best I can, devising the context and having always in mind the newcomer to linux and to MX/antiX. I've asked for help here in the forum just a couple of times with some more technical issues and always in face of the different syntax between English and my own language, Portuguese. And I’ve always got the help I needed, in the excellent spirit of the MX team.
So, a long story just to thank you for trying to provide some leading and to let you have a rough idea of what you've got on this side.

fehlix
Developer

#12 Post by fehlix »

Thanks @Zeh,
perhaps next time we have an translation issue I might just send you a screen dump of the application
showing the original string in context or additionaly in another language e.g. DE, so we both get a better idea
of what translation might fit best. ;)
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

Zeh

#13 Post by Zeh »

fehlix wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:41 pm Thanks @Zeh,
perhaps next time we have an translation issue I might just send you a screen dump of the application
showing the original string in context or additionaly in another language e.g. DE, so we both get a better idea
of what translation might fit best. ;)
Sounds great to me! :cool2:

Return to “Translations”