Ci puoi aiutare con la traduzione di applicazioni MX?

For suggestions, procedures and requests for translations of documentation and apps to languages other than English.
Old Giza

Ci puoi aiutare con la traduzione di applicazioni MX?

#1 Post by Old Giza »

The MX project is looking for an English>Italian translator.

MX has a very large base of Italian users and we would very much like to be able to offer them our custom applications in Italian. A good deal of work has been done already, but the applications have since evolved and grown. We need someone who would enjoy the challenge of completing these translations, and the satisfaction of knowing their efforts will be viewed and appreciated by a great number of people.

If this sounds like something you would like, please post in this forum, or send me a private message.

Thanks!

grelos

Re: Ci puoi aiutare con la traduzione di applicazioni MX?

#2 Post by grelos »

A bit late here but I am in. Let me know how I can help. Ciao
MX-19 on Lenovo 520-15IKB

Spartak77

#3 Post by Spartak77 »

Fantastic! how beautiful!
There's a bit of work to do!
Meanwhile, it is need to update the italian user manual.
You will have noticed that the manual of MX 16 (previously MX 15 manual) has been translated into Italian.
Now we have to translate MX 17 manual. It is not a big problem, because it is enough to translate the differences between the manual of MX 16 and that of MX 17. We can help us with the program diff.
I can define what needs updating, even with Gordon Cooper's help, and we can divide the work.
I translated the manual for MX 15 and 16, but now I'm back with the translation of the MX 17 manual because lately I spent a lot of time translating the antiX Faqs. Anyway, I finally finished.
So if you are available we can divide the job.

Also there is a lot of work to do to translate the MX Wiki.
You can simply decide which topics interest you and start translating them simply as text odt. Preferably, priority should be given to MX tools. When they are translated, we send them to Jerry who is responsible for publishing them online.
However we continue this discussion on the Italian forum ( viewforum.php?f=14 ) where you can also read posts about these topics.

Fantastico! Finalmente!
C'è un po' di lavoro da fare!
Intanto c'è da aggiornare il manuale utente in italiano.
Tu avrai notato che il manuale di MX 16 (in precedenza quello di MX 15) è stato tradotto in italiano.
Ora bisogna tradurre quello di MX 17. Non è un grande problema, perché è sufficiente tradurre le differenze tra il manuale di MX 16 e quello di MX 17. Ci si può aiutare con il programma diff.
Io posso definire cosa è necessario aggiornare, anche con l'aiuto di Gordon e ci possiamo dividere il lavoro.
Ho tradotto il manuale di MX 15 e 16, ma ora sono indietro con la traduzione del manuale di MX 17 perché ultimamente ho dedicato molto tempo a tradurre le Faq di antiX. Comunque finalmente ho finito.
Quindi se sei disponibile possiamo dividerci il lavoro.
Inoltre c'è molto lavoro da fare per tradurre il wiki di MX. Puoi semplicemente decidere che argomenti ti interessano e cominciare a tradurli semplicemente come testo odt. Preferibilmente è opportuno dare la precedenza agli MX tools. Quando sono tradotti li mandiamo a Jerry che si occupa di pubblicarli on line.
Comunque continuiamo questa discussione sul Forum italiano ( viewforum.php?f=14 ) dove puoi anche leggere dei post dove di questi argomenti s'è ne è già parlato.

Jerry3904
Administrator

#4 Post by Jerry3904 »

Per piacere: il Manual 17.1! Il manuale per 17 è ormai obsoleto. Posso fornir diffs.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

Spartak77

#5 Post by Spartak77 »

Yes, ok Jerry, I know that the manual has already arrived at 17.1, but it was easier to say 17.
The diffs can be very useful, send them to me.
Thanks Jerry

Old Giza

#6 Post by Old Giza »

Thanks for your positive response! Welcome aboard.

grelos

#7 Post by grelos »

Ok fine, let's share the workload. Just let me know what you want me to translate.
MX-19 on Lenovo 520-15IKB

Jerry3904
Administrator

#8 Post by Jerry3904 »

send them to me
From 16 to 17.1, right? It will take a bit of time, will do it this weekend. Now that I think of it, I hope our change in production method has not made this impossible.

In the future, I will put the diff file in the GitHub repo.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB

Old Giza

#9 Post by Old Giza »

Besides the manual and wiki, there are still a few application strings that need to be translated. You can get to those straightaway if you like. A quick intro (in English) can be found in this wiki article.

Jerry3904
Administrator

#10 Post by Jerry3904 »

That is such a great article, OG!

Return to “Translations”