MX-18 Screenshots

Show us how you are setting up MX
asqwerth
Developer

Re: MX-18 Screenshots

#101 Post by asqwerth »

Auro Kumar Sahoo wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:11 am ...I will thank "asqwerth" for giving me an idea in the previous thread

...Hope you love it and use it, and i may see some where in a screenshot :happy:

Regards
AKS

Thanks, Auro, for the crunchbangy wallpaper!

https://i.imgur.com/FgSZ2Jd.png
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

noClue

#102 Post by noClue »

Four different desktop configurations.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

noClue

#103 Post by noClue »

Fixed default tool bar.
fixed-default-toolbar.jpg
Fixed default MX Whisker configuration.
fixed-default-whisker-configuration.jpg
Fixed default Settings panel icons.
fixed-default-settings-panel-icons.jpg
Fixed default MX Tools panel icons.
fixed-default-mx-tools-panel-icons.jpg
Suddenly, it looks like a professionals created it and it wouldn't be just an 'Art-Team accident'. ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jerry3904
Administrator

#104 Post by Jerry3904 »

You should change your attitude or just stay away; such nasty posts about what you don't like are not helpful to anybody.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

noClue

#105 Post by noClue »

Did you maybe miss a difference between the "nasty" and "ironic" or you understand only "German humor" ?
Allready ";)" disqulifies the "nastyness", but not even that helps MX look better. :)

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ironic
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nasty

P.S.
I have a good reasons and argumentation for calling it 'fixed' and you?

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

#106 Post by JayM »

Rather than constantly complaining and being snide and snarky about other people not correcting these design and appearance issues that you keep harping on, why don't you volunteer to do it yourself, walk your talk, and do something helpful instead of just being disagreeable all the time?
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

v3g4n

#107 Post by v3g4n »

noClue wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:11 am Suddenly, it looks like a professionals created it and it wouldn't be just an 'Art-Team accident'. ;)
All just personal tastes, so whatevs. I disagree with what you think looks "professional", but I don't have to use/look at your setup so it effects me exactly 0%. :happy: Enjoy!

noClue

#108 Post by noClue »

Either you understand something about UI/UX or you don't.
'Professional look' is not a matter of taste.
More here:
viewtopic.php?f=134&t=48542&start=10
Have fun with the 'accident-design' you're using. ;)

aledie

#109 Post by aledie »

It is a matter of taste... Customs... Preference of the majority of users (don't hear anyone complain) etc.
In an insurance to be professionally looking you might need to wear a black suit, in an engineering company jeans with a shirt is just fine, in a garment enterprise shorts with a t-shirt would suit... I love my panel on the right, windows users would disagree and consider me highly unprofessional...

Besides, where would all tweaking be? And what would you have to post about? Unless for sure the rest of the users would pop up and critisixmze your professional preferences...

Anyway, how about making a professionally looking respin, putting it somewhere and offering those who like it for download!?
MX-18 (x64): HP 8460p, i5-2540M, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, HD3000

noClue

#110 Post by noClue »

"I love my panel on the right..." shows that you didn't understand anything nor did you read the linked post.
Left/right/top/bottom was never a matter of discussion, but the 'visual language' and ergonomics.
Later is NOT a matter of taste!

Return to “Themes and Screenshots”