MX-18 Screenshots

Show us how you are setting up MX
asqwerth
Developer

Re: MX-18 Screenshots

#61 Post by asqwerth »

aledie wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:50 am
asqwerth wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:16 am Wallpaper: the goofy pic of the sparrowhawk is taken by member ChrisUK.
Icons: Zafiro
Gtk theme: Ant-Dracula
[...]
The prettiest MX theme I've seen so far... I definitely prefer cats, but for this amazing proud looking 'bird', would make an exception :)... Wondering how Chris got into such close shot distance... [snip]...
Thanks.

You could quote Chris' post here: viewtopic.php?p=443218#p443218 and ask him how he managed to take this pic, tech details of his camera/lens set up, etc.

I like dark themes with cheery bits of colour as trimmings, e.g. the cursor highlight, the checkboxes, radio buttons and toggle switches, etc.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

manyroads

#62 Post by manyroads »

Wow @asqwerth... you are using my Conky! Thank you!!!
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

beardedgeek72

#63 Post by beardedgeek72 »

Almost Out-Of-The-Box desktop:

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

#64 Post by JayM »

Here's mine (click the image for a bigger view):
It's pretty vanilla actually. I changed the default mouse cursor to DMZhaloR because I have vision impairment and I sometimes have trouble finding the cursor. This one's the standard white DMZ cursor with the black outline but with a red halo effect added so it's easily visible against just about any background color. I also enabled XFCE compositor and changed the panel's background color to medium grey then changed its alpha channel to 24 to make it more transparent. I added and removed spacers between the panel items to suit me and tweaked the Orage clock's colors and font too. The wallpaper, my current favorite, is Brother's Point on the Isle of Skye in the Scottish Hebrides which I ganked from "contentsmaydiffer" on Tumblr. That grey vertical bar left of the clock is the Disk Performance Monitor item (because the hard drive activity LED on this computer's case doesn't work.) Yes, I prefer a horizontal panel on the bottom. I used to (brace yourself) support Windows 95 when it was first launched, and I'm old(ish) and have gotten used to the traditional Windows 95/98/2000/NT/Vista/7 layout.
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

stevedude

#65 Post by stevedude »

Loving MX 18
MX18_Screenshot.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OS:MX-19.2_x64|Kernel:4.15.0-1-amd64 x86_64|Xfce 4.14.2|Mobo:TUF X470-PLUS|CPU AMD Ryzen 5, 2600 MHz
Graphics:GeForce GTX 1060,driver:nvidia v:390.77|Audio:NVIDIA snd_hda_intel
Netwrk:Realtek RTL8111|Seagate:ST2000DM006, 1.82 TB|Mem:15.6 GB

male

#66 Post by male »

asqwerth wrote:@male
Very cool in a tech-geek way.
It is not difficult at all, if you have the necessary parameters of the calculator together. ;)

Image Image Image

xali

#67 Post by xali »

my purrplish one

theme obsidian2-purple
icon obsidian purple
window style moheli (already exists in window manager)
conky mx elementary and i added mediaplayer.py script from mx birdouz conky (thanks asqwerth for the idea), also added weather info from wttr.in (thanks male)

male

#68 Post by male »

@xali, this is a refreshing form of cli-weather! I like it well. :number1:

homfar

#69 Post by homfar »

Hi,
adapta-nokto-eta for theme
and papirus for icons

manyroads

#70 Post by manyroads »

@homfar, I hope you continue to enjoy MX. :welcome:
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

Return to “Themes and Screenshots”