-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

[THEME] Cobalt Beetle : would you like to test my blues ?

Show us how you are setting up MX-14!
k_sz
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: [THEME] Cobalt Beetle : monotone icons pack

#31 Post by k_sz » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:25 pm

Update about monotone icons pack, mentionned above > I've found an interesting website for those of us enjoying "monotone"/monochromatism : https://thenounproject.com/

Considering this site's policy, their normal vs pros accounts, their pov about copyrights, I wonder if there's any direct link connecting this project to the suppression of monotone's repo at opendesktop.org.
MX17.1 (sailing on the flow of ~daily updates)@modified_Futjitsu_s7220
> Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8700, 4 Go DDR3 SDRAM, SSD Samsung EVO 850 256Go + Hitachi Travelstar 7K320 160Go (7,2 krpm)

asqwerth
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#32 Post by asqwerth » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:02 am

k_sz wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:25 pm
Update about monotone icons pack, mentionned above > I've found an interesting website for those of us enjoying "monotone"/monochromatism : https://thenounproject.com/

Considering this site's policy, their normal vs pros accounts, their pov about copyrights, I wonder if there's any direct link connecting this project to the suppression of monotone's repo at opendesktop.org.
I have no idea.

By the way, I rediscovered the icon theme when I initially downloaded the creator (sixsixfive)'s DarK gtk theme download here:

https://www.opendesktop.org/p/1199936

At that time he just hid his icon set away under this opendesktop theme without even expressly mentioning that the theme download included his icon set. It was also no longer named "monotone". At the time that I installed this theme though, the version of monotone icons hidden in this theme was less complete than the version that went missing (the icon set hidden within DarK didn't have icons for MX-apps).

Now that you've revived this forum thread however, I visited opendesktop again, and found that his icon set is now available separately, called "DarK" icon theme.

https://www.opendesktop.org/p/1187019/

On another note, his Hedera icon theme is quite nice as well, like a cuter version of Adwaita/tango icons. :happy:

When you first pointed me to monotone icons, I found his Hedera icons even though the monotone icons were missing at that time.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

k_sz
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

#33 Post by k_sz » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:48 am

asqwerth wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:02 am
By the way, I rediscovered the icon theme when I initially downloaded the creator (sixsixfive)'s DarK gtk theme download here:

https://www.opendesktop.org/p/1199936

At that time he just hid his icon set away under this opendesktop theme without even expressly mentioning that the theme download included his icon set. It was also no longer named "monotone". At the time that I installed this theme though, the version of monotone icons hidden in this theme was less complete than the version that went missing (the icon set hidden within DarK didn't have icons for MX-apps).

Now that you've revived this forum thread however, I visited opendesktop again, and found that his icon set is now available separately, called "DarK" icon theme.

https://www.opendesktop.org/p/1187019/

On another note, his Hedera icon theme is quite nice as well, like a cuter version of Adwaita/tango icons. :happy:

When you first pointed me to monotone icons, I found his Hedera icons even though the monotone icons were missing at that time.
I discovered sixsixfive's artwork thanks to his gtk theme ACID ( https://www.deviantart.com/sixsixfive/a ... -280889262 ) a few years ago, he is very talented indeed and has been much an inspiration to me when I decided to give a try to theming.

Thanks a lot for sharing the link to his DarK icons pack \o/ which will be installed and colorized here. Talking about colorization, have you tried to use monotone's changecolor.sh script yet ?
> Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8700, 4 Go DDR3 SDRAM, SSD Samsung EVO 850 256Go + Hitachi Travelstar 7K320 160Go (7,2 krpm)

asqwerth
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#34 Post by asqwerth » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:03 am

k_sz wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:48 am

Thanks a lot for sharing the link to his DarK icons pack \o/ which will be installed and colorized here. Talking about colorization, have you tried to use monotone's changecolor.sh script yet ?
I seem to recall doing so, but you know what? I'm not so sure now.

I've been preoccupied playing around with oomox, which also has a single-colour icon theme which can be colourised. I know I recolourised some icon themes purple as well as vermilion but maybe it was the oomox set and not the darK set.

Or maybe I recoloured both! :p

I'll have to check when I get home.
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)

asqwerth
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: [THEME] Cobalt Beetle : would you like to test my blues ?

#35 Post by asqwerth » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:12 pm

I did!
Screenshot from 2018-07-17 02-07-17.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

k_sz
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

#36 Post by k_sz » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:47 am

asqwerth wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:12 pm
I did!

Screenshot from 2018-07-17 02-07-17.png
Nice one ! Is this the GTK theme you've built on a Numix base thanks to Oomox ? Colorful and sober all together, i like it.

I saw a screenshot of one theme of yours that is using a [cyan/turquese/colored grey + MX logo suggested by shades of stacked rectangles] wallpaper and if you're this wallpaper's creator, congrats ! You sir did fine job.

asqwerth
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#37 Post by asqwerth » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:29 am

k_sz wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:47 am
Nice one ! Is this the GTK theme you've built on a Numix base thanks to Oomox ? Colorful and sober all together, i like it.
Yes, it's a oomox-created numix theme. I think of the colour scheme as red tea with and without milk.
I saw a screenshot of one theme of yours that is using a [cyan/turquese/colored grey + MX logo suggested by shades of stacked rectangles] wallpaper and if you're this wallpaper's creator, congrats ! You sir did fine job.
The wallpaper is by forum member Auro, who has his own thread here:

https://forum.mxlinux.org/viewtopic.php ... 13#p440813

By the way, it's ma'am, not sir here.

k_sz
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

#38 Post by k_sz » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:35 pm

asqwerth wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:29 am
k_sz wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:47 am
Yes, it's a oomox-created numix theme. I think of the colour scheme as red tea with and without milk.
I gotta taste one of those teas someday : I'm stucked on black, green or smoked ones - without or with additional flowers or citrus peels.
Anyway, I'm curious : why the pale blue ? Cup's porcelain ? Pure water ?
asqwerth wrote:
k_sz wrote:I saw a screenshot of one theme of yours that is using a [cyan/turquese/colored grey + MX logo suggested by shades of stacked rectangles] wallpaper and if you're this wallpaper's creator, congrats !
The wallpaper is by forum member Auro, who has his own thread here:

https://forum.mxlinux.org/viewtopic.php ... 13#p440813
Thank you !
k_sz wrote:You sir did fine job.
asqwerth wrote:
By the way, it's ma'am, not sir here.
As my first defence : I used it as a quotation, let's say we were comedians acting in one of these movies implying army, female officers, and troopers using "sir" as neutral (as my 2nd defensive wall : I just discovered Jack Bauer and "24"), shall we ?* I could also use the "On Internet, nobody knows you're a dog" principle and its implication : how could i know your gender ?

In fact : "Oops. Pixels. Hi ma'am asqwerth !".

* yes, I would be a terrificly poor lawyer

asqwerth
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#39 Post by asqwerth » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:17 pm

No worries.

It doesn't bother me at all, but I just thought I would let you know.

As for why pale blue, actually that's a light grey and I find it's comfortable for my eyes.

I don't like the new light themes that use a blinding white as their main background colour in various panes. Hurts eyes. Just have a look at the light version of arc, adapta, materia.

Return to “Themes and Screenshots”