MX-17 Screenshots

Show us how you are setting up MX
dreamer

Re: MX-17 Screenshots

#311 Post by dreamer »

I have been playing with KDE and Kvantum, but I think it's easier to get work done in Xfce so it will remain my main desktop.

Plasma: Glassified
Kvantum: KvGlassWhite
Kwin: forgot the name, it's on the other computer
Background: macOS Mojave
Icons: Elementary-Xfce 0.13.1

Mauser

#312 Post by Mauser »

balarm wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:17 pm
Mauser wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:11 pm After re-installing MX Linux after the Thunar disaster from trying to add icons I wanted to share my successful results. Image
icons?? theme??
thanks
The theme is: Plasma Bolt. The icons are Tweak's Amiga. I get my themes and icons from https://www.opendesktop.org/
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

Mauser

#313 Post by Mauser »

Jerry3904 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:22 pm That looks great!
Thank you Jerry.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

asqwerth
Developer

#314 Post by asqwerth »

dreamer wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:44 pm I have been playing with KDE and Kvantum, but I think it's easier to get work done in Xfce so it will remain my main desktop.

Plasma: Glassified
Kvantum: KvGlassWhite...
Nice theming.

Not sure about the icons, though! ;) :p [clarification - elementary icons are generally nice, but I find their colours a little washed out. And these brown coloured folders (from the new Xubuntu?) are even more washed out than the blue ones]

I've been enjoying playing with the blurring effect in KDE Neon (Plasma 5.14+). Very cool. Esp if you use a Kvantum theme with such effects as well. I use the darker version of this, KvGlass, since I like darker themes.

I also turned on blurring in Konsole for added effect.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

richb
Administrator

#315 Post by richb »

@mauser
I particularly like the Tweak's Amiga icons and installed them. The folder icon is very nice and I really like the muted blue. A nice feature is the wifi connection icon in the notification area puts a "badge" on the icon when my VPN is connected. Some but not many icon sets do that.
Thanks for posting.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

Mauser

#316 Post by Mauser »

richb wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 am @mauser
I particularly like the Tweak's Amiga icons and installed them. The folder icon is very nice and I really like the muted blue. A nice feature is the wifi connection icon in the notification area puts a "badge" on the icon when my VPN is connected. Some but not many icon sets do that.
Thanks for posting.
Thanks. The VPN icon is from Astrill VPN which I use and not a part of the Tweak's Amiga icon set. Astrill VPN installs easy and works very well on MX Linux. I forgot to mention is I created the application menu icon using Gimp.

richb
Administrator

#317 Post by richb »

Mauser wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:37 pm
richb wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 am @mauser
Thanks for posting.
Thanks. The VPN icon is from Astrill VPN which I use and not a part of the Tweak's Amiga icon set. Astrill VPN installs easy and works very well on MX Linux. I forgot to mention is I created the application menu icon using Gimp.
My VPN is Private Internet Access and I just installed Tweak's Amiga, and there is a VPN badge that appears when active.
Forum Rules

richb Administrator

Mauser

#318 Post by Mauser »

richb wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:42 pm
My VPN is Private Internet Access and I just installed Tweak's Amiga, and there is a VPN badge that appears when active.
[/quote]

No matter which icons or theming I use it's the same badge that came with Astrill VPN. https://www.astrill.com/ Do you have a different VPN icon with different icon sets or theming?

richb
Administrator

#319 Post by richb »

Mauser wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:07 pm
No matter which icons or theming I use it's the same badge that came with Astrill VPN. https://www.astrill.com/ Do you have a different VPN icon with different icon sets or theming?
[/quote]
No and some, (most) have no badge at all.
Forum Rules

richb Administrator

Mauser

#320 Post by Mauser »

richb wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:11 pm
Mauser wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:07 pm
No and some, (most) have no badge at all.
[/quote]
O.K.

Return to “Themes and Screenshots”